Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Manufacturer issue that also shut down Stunt Pilot.

4th one to my knowledge since 2016 for RMC. Testament to that they're a risky product to buy.
Any idea on a time frame for the closure. I was planning a trip in the beginning August but might change plans if it will still be closed.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Any idea on a time frame for the closure. I was planning a trip in the beginning August but might change plans if it will still be closed.

Nope, there hasn't been a consistent timeframe with any of their recalls / shutdowns / operations changes.

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
So I got to ride this twice this morning. It was my first single rail coaster, and wow what an experience. Those inverted airtime hills are incredible.

That being said the operations were awful. There were people piled up outside the entrance, and trying to navigate what was or wasn’t a “line” was so confusing. Once we actually got in the entrance to the ride? It was walk on. Like half the seats empty. After the first ride the attendant asked if we wanted to just ride again, because people just weren’t making it inside I don’t really get what was happening, but it certainly was good fortune for us!

I’m itching to get on a new coaster so I figured I’d ask on here. Is it worth it to drive up to NJ for JDC with Toro and ka closed? I’ve been to GA before back in 2011 and would get 5 credits. Just torn on whether it’s worth driving through the traffic apocalypse that is Baltimore and DC for JDC or if I should just wait until next year for Toro and Ka to reopen.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I'd think that's your own calculus - are you only concerned with credits or want to enjoy a day on all the rides?

Dec 20, 2018
I’m itching to get on a new coaster so I figured I’d ask on here. Is it worth it to drive up to NJ for JDC with Toro and ka closed? I’ve been to GA before back in 2011 and would get 5 credits. Just torn on whether it’s worth driving through the traffic apocalypse that is Baltimore and DC for JDC or if I should just wait until next year for Toro and Ka to reopen.
Me and a friend went to GADV in July when JDC and Toro were down. We still had a great time, but it was also our first trip there period. Sucked to be able to look at Toro and JDC but not ride them though

Jul 31, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I had a trip to Teterboro for a few nights just over a week ago, so I convinced my colleague to go to Great Adventure with me. This was my first single-rail and I was hyping it up. Got four rides- two in the middle and one in the back and the front, all in the dark.

Fun ride, but I thought it was pretty rough. It gave me a headache and kind of made me ill. To be fair, my day that day started at 3am, so the lack of sleep may have played into that.

I think it is a beautiful ride. I really love the way the structure looks, and how single-rail looks as it bends and twists.

This is my third RMC. I have the most experience on Timbers and seven rides on Colossus. Compared to Timbers and Colossus, which may be wild, I still consider them smooth rides which makes them so re-rideable to me. Devil was just kind of rough and rattly which forced me to take a break. I also thought the airtime was very minimal on it, but having Timbers and Colossus as my previous RMC experiences may have spoiled my expectations in that regard. My favorite part was the inverted stall. That was very sweet.

I’d really love to get a crack at one of the original compact raptors like Railbazer or Wonder Woman.

Overall, good ride, but may have just had a bad experience due to lack of rest going into it. It was my co-worker’s favorite of the evening, however.

My current favorites there:
1. Toro
2. Nitro
3. Ka
4. Devil

(1. and 3. SBNO)

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
Mar 18, 2017
JDC did make me nauseous after 6 rides in a row and all day there -- not near as badly as Copperhead Strike. There was one amazing pothole. I like it but they missed a chance to up the intensity, it's more comparable to a B&M but still a lot different, less huge, like a Miata vs. a limo. Maybe too controlled though. The restraints are fine but probably would hurt a lot if it had intense ejector.

I strongly recommend going to the park Bonus days early November. This year I got 29 rides total in 7 hours. Even the flume was open.

Apr 22, 2019
El Toro is the best coaster there and one of my favorite coasters overall. I haven't ridden JD, but if the airtime is less intense than Twisted Timbers than I might like it more. Twisted is too painful for me after even only one ride now. It's not rerideable for me at all. The air time is crazy on El Toro but it's not painful at all for me. Super re-rideable.

The bonus days are great. I got a ton of rides on El Toro and quite a few on Ka a few years back, pre-pandemic, and got super lucky with the weather.

Without El Toro that's a huge disappointment, but they have other good coasters and I'm sure it's still worth the trip.

Reactions: aerobadger
I’ve been to Great Adventure before back in 2011 so thankfully this would not be my initial visit to the park. I did on that trip only ride Nitro, Batman, Superman, and green lantern, once and did not ride Dark Knight or Skull Mountain at all (on top of 2 rides on Toro and Ka and 1 on Bizarro which are all closed for HiTP anyway). So those two, Joker, and JDC would be new and if I wanted to get Harley Quinn I can but I don’t care enough to do that. Plus it would be fun to sample all the new non-coasters they’ve added and get a LOT more rides on Nitro and re-rides on JDC.

I haven’t been to a Six Flags since 2012. I would feel guilty spoiling Tumbili since I’ve never done a free spin (which I love Zippers so I assume I will enjoy them). But yeah I mean maybe it might be worth it lol I’ve been trying to hold off on six flags parks since I’m plat with CF and SeaWorld but I’ve never been on a raptor before and it’s open so why not?

Reactions: aerobadger
Jul 31, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I haven’t been to a Six Flags since 2012. I would feel guilty spoiling Tumbili since I’ve never done a free spin (which I love Zippers so I assume I will enjoy them). But yeah I mean maybe it might be worth it lol I’ve been trying to hold off on six flags parks since I’m plat with CF and SeaWorld but I’ve never been on a raptor before and it’s open so why not?

I don’t live near a Six Flags (NC) but I still got a Platinum pass since my job on occasion lands me near one when the stars align. I mean, it was worth it for me considering I probably pay around as much for like Spotify and Netflix. This was the second time I’ve been there and I think Great Adventure is awesome even though I am a KD/Carowinds guy.

I really hope I can maybe bring my gf up there one day. Just need to get like a week off and maybe travel up 95 so she can ride Toro and JD as well, and do a KD stop on the way home.

I really would love to see a single-rail close to home at Carowinds, KD, or BGW someday!

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
^I feel that it’s not the price of the six flags membership that’s pervasive at all. I mean it’s not really realistic to try to hit all the cedar fair or six flags chain in one year anyway. Could definitely hit the 5 SW properties if you lived near one and wanted to. I certainly hope we see a Raptor in VA/NC before too long but honestly not sure if our odds on that are that good. Hopefully Cedar Fair likes Railblazer more in a few years. Maybe MAYBE if we’re lucky SFA will build one.

Mar 18, 2017
El Toro is the best coaster there and one of my favorite coasters overall. I haven't ridden JD, but if the airtime is less intense than Twisted Timbers than I might like it more. Twisted is too painful for me after even only one ride now. It's not rerideable for me at all. The air time is crazy on El Toro but it's not painful at all for me. Super re-rideable.

JD's air is far less intense than Timbers, for that matter less intense than and numerous than I305, but with a more minimal lap bar than either (BTW, TT is running slower in the cold and I was able to enjoy all rows). Toro can be the most painful of any coaster for me, but not due to the air, but being so unaccommodating. It doesn't slam you into the restraint though, it eases you into it, and then pulls down harder, and then even more.

Had my first experience with this thing and RMC Raptors in general over the weekend!

Hadn't been up to Great Adventure since 2011 and there appeared to be more rumors about some mythical beast in the pine barrens so I needed to investigate. After battling the traffic apocalypse that is DC and Baltimore Friday afternoon I arrived and (after 3 rides on the bull because it's the bull and it had been 11 years since I rode), I heard a familiar sounding lift sound I have become rather familiar with the last few months and spotted a orange lift hill with a long single rail RMC raptor train cresting it through the trees. I journeyed into the Pines, past the closed Nitro and Batman doing his usual thing. to find a large orange rail with a devil head train zooming along, yes the Jersey Devil Coaster had submitted its open items for the audit and I am ready to issue my report.

(*stashes midwest Kennywood audit part under the rug)

My very first ride on Jersey Devil was at night and in the very back row of the train. Perfect couldn't ask for a better introduction honestly. I had never ridden a raptor before so I encountered the absolutely bizarre seating set up where your legs essentially straddle the track between them. It's a very awkward seating position and I can certainly see it not being a lot of peoples favorite. Into the darkness up that hill we went, in the back car of this train you are absolutely flung over that 87 degree drop and it's amazing. The weightlessness feeling is very strong and sustained for several seconds. It's even better at night. The dive loop is really cool I like how you don't seem to invert until you're basically at the top of the hill. The transitions feel very different on a raptor versus other coasters but they are very smooth on Jersey Devil it seems like it would yank you hard through them but it was actually very smooth but still quick. The camelback is awesome just sustained ejector air all the way over followed by an epic stall with sustained hangtime. Can't complain about the first four elements at all. The turnaround I was always at full speed on my rides and in the back would routinely have ejector airtime coming off the hill. The zero G roll is fun then on this visit the mid course brake run appeared to be deactivated as it never stopped us in my 11 total laps. The turnaround is a fun little zip after that followed by three airtime hills which I would say are mostly floater hills they are not ejector by any means except maybe in the back and it's running fast and then you hit the brakes.

I absolutely LOVED this thing. It was exhilarating zooming along that rail at such high speeds making some super tight transitions with a few hangtime filled inversions and ejector airtime pops. I love the appearance of the ride and it's theme to a local legend in the Jersey Devil (which makes me appreciate this ride quite a bit more than I will Wonder Woman Flight of Courage whenever I get to that one). It's very aesthetically pleasing where it's at in the woods on the river and watching those trains zip along the rail is mesmerizing. A few comments: the loading process makes it extremely difficult to pick a seat, I was unable to get the front in my 11 rides and I got close several times only to be derailed by somebody in front of me being too scared for the back and I would watch the back car go unfilled as I got stuck in the 3rd-6th. There's certainly not an easy way to address this due to the rides design and moving loading platform but yeah definitely felt some strong dislike towards other park guests throughout it. One kid swiped the very back car right in front of me when he was told to go to the one in front of it and the ride ops were getting me hyped up for the "best seat in the house" as the kid just stared at me clearly annoyed with him for doing that like "WTF you gonna do about it?"

I rode it once Friday night right before park close in the dark, and Saturday the park was somehow so dead that I basically just walked up and rode it 10 times in a row just looping around each time since that queue is a god send for re-rides like that. It was so much fun I love RMC Raptors please put one in Virginia KD or BGW PLEASE. Excellent coaster for Great Adventure I STRONGLY recommend getting back here to try it out if you have yet to ride an RMC Raptor. 9.5 out of 10.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad