News Project 2020: Jersey Devil Coaster (RMC Raptor)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I assume they've taken a page from Kennywood and tied into the NHL club. Either way, you can buy your own Devil's coasters on line...

I can't tell if the zero car is close to looking like the hockey team mascot...

Last edited:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
I really don’t think cap will be that bad. With the rolling station and 3 trains(block brakes) this could load very quickly

Apr 22, 2019
Batman The Ride was the first time they adde The (something) or was there an earlier coaster they added something like that to the name?

Apr 22, 2019
This actually still looks kind of short, though certainly longer than the original Raptors. But if they can really run 4 trains that'd make the wait tolerable. I was just at SFGAdv yesterday for the first time and they were operating quite efficiently on Nitro and were running 3 trains without stacking (or at least without much stacking), so maybe. Then again they were running 3 trains on Bizarro too and that was stacking pretty bad.

Side note: SFGAdv is a great park. Really enjoyed it a lot. Will hopefully be going back with my nephew before the season is done.

Apr 22, 2019
I'm hoping that the media day for this is open to a wider ACE area. Would love to get to go to that. Apparently Twisted Timbers' media day was open to ACE nationally, so there's some slight bit of hope for it.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
So I heard through the grape vine yesterday that both SFFT and CGA both have a lot of down time with their Raptors. I don't have first hand knowledge, but if the rides are that finicky I'm curious why SF decided to buy another one? Perhaps they got a good deal...

Apr 22, 2019
So I heard through the grape vine yesterday that both SFFT and CGA both have a lot of down time with their Raptors. I don't have first hand knowledge, but if the rides are that finicky I'm curious why SF decided to buy another one? Perhaps they got a good deal...
I feel like lots of downtime in the first year is par for the course with RMCs. Parks keep adding RMCs anyway, and with time the problems seem to get straightened out. Plus those were the very first two Raptors. Hopefully the next iteration fixes issues that those apparently have.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad