News Project 2020: Iron Gwazi

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
I haven't looked at site plans, but I have a feeling they aren't reusing all of Gwazi's foundations. I think there will be quite a few left over concrete stubs scattered throughout.

Mar 30, 2011
Williamsburg
www.facebook.com
Damn that's a lot of fresh wood. RMC conversions usually keep more of the existing structure than this, right? Was Gwazi's structure in bad shape or do you think they simply decided to go in a different direction?

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Damn that's a lot of fresh wood. RMC conversions usually keep more of the existing structure than this, right? Was Gwazi's structure in bad shape or do you think they simply decided to go in a different direction?
this coaster will be about twice as tall and use a completely different layout, so much of it is necessary. Gwazi was also SBNO for a while.

Apr 22, 2019
They didn't keep very much of the original wood for Twisted Timbers either. The vast majority of it was torn down and built back up. The idea that RMC reuses existing structure in these conversion is highly over-stated. I think they keep a small amount of the original structure just so they can say they did. They'd probably rather tear it all down.

Reactions: mwe bgw

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
So, with BGW's 2020 addition announcement out of the way...and this is further along construction-wise, when is BGT going to let the cat out of the bag? I've not seen any teases since their initial presser.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad