Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm sure, in some obscure African language, Gwazi means "holy crap!"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't understand why they aren't putting in a new habit near Iron Gwazi. It makes the theme choice seem even more random and arbitrary than it already did...

Last edited:
So I’m not sure what meaningful way they could incorporate the animals in the ride area. Putting them in the queue somewhere would cause safety issues for guests and animals. Stupid people do stupid things when they’re bored and stuck. The ride will be going too fast for them to be along the track somewhere and since the station is elevated, there’s no place to put them right outside the station like they were with Montou.

So I’m not sure what meaningful way they could incorporate the animals in the ride area. Putting them in the queue somewhere would cause safety issues for guests and animals. Stupid people do stupid things when they’re bored and stuck. The ride will be going too fast for them to be along the track somewhere and since the station is elevated, there’s no place to put them right outside the station like they were with Montou.

Theres a ton of room in front of the station that isn’t being used by the new layout and the plaza outside the ride is basically devoid of anything at all right now. There is plenty of room for a new crocodile habitat.

Reactions: warfelg and BGWnut
For the record, the current slender snouted crocodile exhibit is downright minuscule and randomly tucked in a corner next to the now (tragically) defunct Curiosity Caverns.

19E7890D-F823-4525-8BD2-1D335208F7F9.jpeg

Why this can’t be relocated (and preferably expanded) somewhere near Iron Gwazi is beyond me.

For the record, the current slender snouted crocodile exhibit is downright minuscule and randomly tucked in a corner next to the now (tragically) defunct Curiosity Caverns.

View attachment 19138

Why this can’t be relocated (and preferably expanded) somewhere near Iron Gwazi is beyond me.
Because $$$.

Sadly, BGT is one of the parks most strongly hit by the cuts. Side note, watch out for attendance hits on the sea world parks this year with the orca shows ending in 3 days.

Reactions: Zachary
I love how the interview kept on trying to get an answer as to why they switched and the answer was basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand why they aren't putting in a new habit near Iron Gwazi. It makes the theme choice seem even more random and arbitrary than it already did...

Busch Gardens Tampa used to have a crocodile habitat under Montu’s first turnaround. Whatever the reason was for them moving the crocodiles away from there might be the reason they aren’t adding a new habitat near Gwazi.

Reactions: BGWnut
Someone has already posted about a rep from BGT saying (months ago) that they made the name and legend of 'Gwazi' up many years ago, and that it can many whatever they want it to mean now?

If not, that. ?

Crocodilians are very sensitive to low frequency sounds and vibrations. A zoo I frequent had to relocate them due to construction nearby. Probably anywhere near a coaster is not the ideal area for them.

That’s an interesting point. Both the Nile Crocodile and the Slender Snouted Crocodile exhibits are in pretty isolated areas of the park. You may be onto something here.

If this is what’s going on, I wish they would just say that though... Honesty is definitely the best policy here.

Reactions: Nicole
If this is what’s going on, I wish they would just say that though... Honesty is definitely the best policy here.

In the park’s defense, is it really necessary for them to explain to the public why they’re not building a croc exhibit to go with their new coaster?

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
I kinda think it is. Given that they have integrated animal exhibits with attractions in the past, and given that they changed the entire theme with this RMC, and given that there are crocodiles in the park, it just seems odd.

More than that, explaining that they are doing something for the protection and welfare of their animals is exactly the kind of messaging that SEAS needs. I understand that Busch branded parks were never as affected by Blackfish as SeaWorld parks, but in my opinion it is simply the kind of information that SEAS should be pushing across the board. You never know when you will become the next target, and a quick Google search is all it takes to find the connection. In fact, I recall when FF was being built, they openly took steps to protect the elephants from the noise, so there is precedent.

On the other hand, a case could be made that raising that issue at all would bring scrutiny to other existing and future attractions that could distress the animals... like a Screamin’ Swing.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad