News Project 2020: Iron Gwazi

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
Yea, that RMC Gwazi 2020 was very very thinly vailed.

On the flip side, this means the Busch Twins (not to be confused with the Bush Twins) could both be getting long (ish) rumored attractions? 2020 is shaping up to be a big coaster year with the rumor of Cedar Point getting 2 new coasters; Hersheypark opening an expansion with a new coaster too.

Aug 21, 2016
Yea, that RMC Gwazi 2020 was very very thinly vailed.

On the flip side, this means the Busch Twins (not to be confused with the Bush Twins) could both be getting long (ish) rumored attractions? 2020 is shaping up to be a big coaster year with the rumor of Cedar Point getting 2 new coasters; Hersheypark opening an expansion with a new coaster too.
Cedar Point isn’t getting 2 coasters lmfao.

Mar 16, 2016
Cedar Point isn’t getting 2 coasters lmfao.
There's been a long existing "20 in '20" rumor from when (IIRC) Gatekeeper was built, and the park shared this list of things they wanted to do. Some were really unrealistic like the Lake Erie Monster (a coaster diving under the lake), some are boarderline unrealistic (Teracoaster). But....some things got done like the Ragaru conversion, Valraven, and Steel Vengence.

It's completely possible that they could do "20 in '20". 1 custom coaster, 1 stock design. Or a junior coaster. We know Skyrush II's aren't that expensive. They could do say something where Dinosaurs Alive was; or where the Action Stadium was and revamp the area into a true boardwalk feeling. There's space by where chute the rapids was. Add in doing a small stock coaster like a SkyRocket II, or a junior GCI somewhere.

But anyways this thread is about Gwazi. If they are RMC'ing it, I wonder if they will take one side down, mobius loop, or the first real RMC dueling.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I love the "hints"-
"I wanted to make this a hybrid attraction announcement for today."
"As you know, Gwazi had always been a rocky ride, so we decided to go ahead and revamp Gwazi into a new attraction."

Certainly sounds like an RMC project.

So, can RMC do two projects in 2020? Could they unveil their new T-Rex track at BGW?

Aug 21, 2016
There's been a long existing "20 in '20" rumor from when (IIRC) Gatekeeper was built, and the park shared this list of things they wanted to do. Some were really unrealistic like the Lake Erie Monster (a coaster diving under the lake), some are boarderline unrealistic (Teracoaster). But....some things got done like the Ragaru conversion, Valraven, and Steel Vengence.

It's completely possible that they could do "20 in '20". 1 custom coaster, 1 stock design. Or a junior coaster. We know Skyrush II's aren't that expensive. They could do say something where Dinosaurs Alive was; or where the Action Stadium was and revamp the area into a true boardwalk feeling. There's space by where chute the rapids was. Add in doing a small stock coaster like a SkyRocket II, or a junior GCI somewhere.

But anyways this thread is about Gwazi. If they are RMC'ing it, I wonder if they will take one side down, mobius loop, or the first real RMC dueling.
Two problems:

1) Cedar Point has 17 coasters, not 18. So 2 would make 19.

2) Where are you going to find the place for 2 coasters? Dino’s alive is replaced by a new attraction for 2019.

3) KI is likely getting a large B&M and CGA is getting their hyper. I doubt CF has the money to build one major roller coaster at CP that year let alone two.

Mar 16, 2016
18. The park counts Pipe Scream as a roller coaster, Wiki does not.

There’s plenty of space if you know where to look.

CF has invested a lot in building multiple coasters in parks before. If they don’t invest in smaller parks that year they can do it. Like I said a SR II; Railblazer/WW clone.

Anyways @Zachary feel free to move this to the Cedar Point area. I want to make a thread stating the case for 2 in ‘20 to reach 20 in ‘20.

As for the RMC Gwazi: I would love for them to do the first true dueling RMC and not a mobius loop.

Aug 21, 2016
18. The park counts Pipe Scream as a roller coaster, Wiki does not.

There’s plenty of space if you know where to look.

CF has invested a lot in building multiple coasters in parks before. If they don’t invest in smaller parks that year they can do it. Like I said a SR II; Railblazer/WW clone.

Anyways @Zachary feel free to move this to the Cedar Point area. I want to make a thread stating the case for 2 in ‘20 to reach 20 in ‘20.

As for the RMC Gwazi: I would love for them to do the first true dueling RMC and not a mobius loop.
It’s not gonna have two tracks. Several sources have said that it will be like Storm Chaser.

Sly4Good

Rose up from the dead and all I got was a t-shirt
Apr 25, 2011
I had a dream last night that through some weird magic wormhole manipulation, th.ey relocated BGT right next to BGW and everyone was complaining about it so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's exactly what's going to happen this go around. /s

On a slightly more serious note, I really hope that if this is an RMC, it's an actual dueling coaster and not just a typical conversion. Gwazi's dueling aspect is too iconic not to try and replicate.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad