News Project 2020: Ice Breaker

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
I've discussed this with @Nicole and decided it would be best to branch discussion for each of the separate rumored attractions featured in the recent Wild Gravity Travels and Behind the Thrills "leaks" into their own discussions in an attempt to not derail conversation regarding Busch Gardens Williamsburg's rumored "Project: Madrid."

If you have no idea what I am talking about, I suggest reading this excellent recap of the insanity that is this leak from OrlandoWeekly.com. It really covers everything you need to know about all of this mess. Just make sure if you want to comment on something specific about one of the rumored attractions that you go to the thread specific to that project.

The Projects:

While it might be difficult to separate these topics since they're so deeply intertwined due to the manner this rumor started, but I'm going to take a moment to recap and summarize rumors related to this individual project.

—————————————

Here are the highlights regarding SeaWorld Orlando's Project:

September 12, 2018
Wild Gravity Travels leaked their information from the slides everyone is talking about. In regards to SWO here is what they had to say:

Wild Gravity Travels said:
The Orlando area park has a lot to look forward to: Infinity Falls, Sesame Land, and now a new launched coaster in 2020. This one will not be shuttle like its Busch Gardens counterpart but could be something more family style. Many details are listed as “being determined” but here’s the early break down:
  • Airtime and over-banked turns
  • Possible number of inversions not decided
  • About 55 mph
  • Location in park yet to be decided
This one really reads like they have several pitches and have yet to pick one out. Wondering from the stats listed above if it isn’t something similar to Copperhead Strike? Time will tell, and probably very quickly!
BGWFans.com reached out to Wild Gravity Travels directly to get more information:
I can't speak on it. I simply acted as a second pair of eyes on the source document to confirm WildGravityTravels wasn't pulling this stuff out of thin air.
September 17, 2018
BehindTheThrills.com said:
SeaWorld Orlando: The rumors are saying that SeaWorld Orlando’s next big attraction will be a brand new coaster. It will be the first since Mako in 2016. The coaster is rumored to be a version of the Wave Breaker Coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio. While it’s not known if it will be Jet-Ski themed, or even Jet-Ski cars, the idea is to have it skip across the water, much like the San Antonio version does. It will also likely be Sea Rescue themed, and in theory will be in the Key West section of the park, specifically near Turtle Trek (which is still technically Key West). That area of the park is pretty close to the actual Sea Rescue operations in the park, and it would give the park the chance to thrust conservation efforts into the spotlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole
Apr 5, 2017
The location doesn't make sense to me. With the theme described I assumed it would go over the lagoon area (skipping across the water comment), but the Key West area and turtle trek area is about as far as you can get from the lagoon.

b.mac

Great Adventure got an RMC...
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
According to CoasterKings, the SWO 2020 permits have been filed as of March 12th and yesterday. The permits value the work at almost $7 million (which isn't even for the coaster itself), $1.5 million going to the electrical building which screams to me that this is also an LSM coaster.

The SWO 2020 project according to the slide was largely still to be decided, but a 48 inch rider height, air time, and banked turns were the only things without a TBD tag on them.

View: https://twitter.com/AmusementLeaks/status/1044257094378180609/photo/1

b.mac

May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
It's certainly not any of the extant coasters in the park. Your other ride options are Turtle Trek, Observation Tower, Wild Arctic, or Empire of the Penguins.

Apr 5, 2011
I'm hoping it's Premier. I don't want them mainly known for Skyrocket IIs like Vekoma is mainly known for SLCs.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
More Premier's Operation Enterprise, but yeah.
Not questioning you, just telling to enlighten myself. I see no reference between Premier and Operation Enterprise, either on the Premier site or Google in general. I do see Mack did one with that name in Germany.

b.mac

May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Not questioning you, just telling to enlighten myself. I see no reference between Premier and Operation Enterprise, either on the Premier site or Google in general. I do see Mack did one with that name in Germany.
I say Operation Enterprise because both of these projects will have a near identical transfer table set up compared to SWD's switch track.

Jul 5, 2017
Good lord the Orlando/Florida parks just keep getting better and better. I really need to get in the gym this year harder than ever so I can make my way down there. I also have not been to any WDW park, or SWO or BGT. So yeah.

Reactions: BGWnut
Login or Register to Hide This Ad