Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apparently work has stopped again on it, though. Might not be happening this year. This was news from about a week ago, though. Don't know what's happened, if anything, in the subsequent days.

Apparently work has stopped again on it, though. Might not be happening this year. This was news from about a week ago, though. Don't know what's happened, if anything, in the subsequent days.
Could be as simple as someone at the work site caught the virus and they paused while they tested and quarantined to prevent spread. I know someone who works construction and has that happen twice on their current project.

Harley Quinn is looking nearly done:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like they still need a sign and maybe the fencing around the ride area isn't done? It's a little hard to tell.

The most exciting thing about this for me is that I'll be able to try one out at a park that's only about 45 minutes from me. I can ride it and find out if it makes me sick. It it does and it ruins the day, it's not such a big deal. And if it doesn't, well that's awesome because they are supposed to be super fun. I once rode a small one that has inward facing seats and, oh boy, was that a mistake. Hopefully outward facing seats make all the difference.

The most exciting thing about this for me is that I'll be able to try one out at a park that's only about 45 minutes from me. I can ride it and find out if it makes me sick. It it does and it ruins the day, it's not such a big deal. And if it doesn't, well that's awesome because they are supposed to be super fun. I once rode a small one that has inward facing seats and, oh boy, was that a mistake. Hopefully outward facing seats make all the difference.
The spin on this style is pretty slow to the point of being largely unnoticable. Compared to something like the claw at Hershey's, it's far less nauseating.

The spin on this style is pretty slow to the point of being largely unnoticable. Compared to something like the claw at Hershey's, it's far less nauseating.

It was the claw at the Ocean City, MD boardwalk that I rode that did me in. I look forward to trying this one. But the swinging might still do me in.

If it's anything like Delirium the spin will really only be a factor when near the bottom of the swing arc, but even then it's just noticeable forces and not anything that should give you motion sickness.

If it's anything like Delirium the spin will really only be a factor when near the bottom of the swing arc, but even then it's just noticeable forces and not anything that should give you motion sickness.

Sure, but pirate ships make me queasy now. I'm just hoping that that's because you are again looking inward on those, and here you're looking out.

Sure, but pirate ships make me queasy now. I'm just hoping that that's because you are again looking inward on those, and here you're looking out.
I don’t like pirate ships either, but the big swings don’t bother me. I think it’s the constant rocking of the ship vs long drawn out swings.

It's testing!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure how much testing a ride like this needs, but can't imagine it needs as much as a coaster so maybe opening soon? Hopefully when I go in May any initial rush to ride it will have died down.

Last edited:
Actually I just got an email from SFA and they are saying, "The wait is nearly over. Experience the DMV's Tallest, Fastest & Most Extreme Pendulum Ride, HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity, creating chaos this May!"

So still have a month to go.

I love the idea of this ride, but I think I would rather just cut out the middleman and stick my finger down my throat.

• Haha
Reactions: halfabee
I love the idea of this ride, but I think I would rather just cut out the middleman and stick my finger down my throat.

I am worried about that, and am susceptible on flat rides, but I will take one for the team at some point in May and report the results.

Reactions: The Quist
Harley Quinn preview days:
Diamond Level Preview Night – May 7
Pass Holder Preview – May 8 & 9

EDIT: source is a passholder email they sent out yesterday

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zachary
I got to ride this yesterday. The weather was problematic and when we got close to the front of the line the ride went down for a while and maintenance people came. We stayed for a while and when it was dragging on we almost left the line, but then the rain returned and we were under cover so we figured why not stay. And then it started pouring. Eventually the weather cleared and about then they resolved whatever the problem was.

So anyway, we got to ride and damn is this thing fun. I’m quite susceptible to motion sickness and I did get slightly queasy, but not bad. And it’s fun enough I will definitely ride it every visit. Though likely just once. This is an excellent addition for SFA.

Only thing is any plans for social distancing in the line are comically given up once they have you line up on your assigned numbers, when you are in the next group. You’re maybe 1 foot away from others, if that. It seems designed pre-covid. Normally you wouldn’t be in this area long, but during the breakdown the group there was there a long time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad