Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
SimplisticRealBadger-max-1mb.gif

Those restraints look much better for an OTSR B&M! Doesn't look like there'd be any head banging at all. Unless the perspective is confusing?

Reactions: DECoasteyGuy
Those restraints look much better for an OTSR B&M! Doesn't look like there'd be any head banging at all. Unless the perspective is confusing?

I actually know a lot of people who hate them (myself included). In my experience they kill any airtime potential because they clamp down on your shoulders (sometimes to the point of being painful).

They are far too tight for me to like them. But, they do not cause head banging for short people... so yay?

I would be more upset about them if they put them on airtime machines, but they tend to only be on the rides where airtime isnt the biggest draw (like Dive, Wing, and Inverts). I've been on both Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle, which both have significant airtime moments and I didn't think it detracted too much. Just my opinion.

I've ridden Wild Eagle and I don't recall any discomfort. I'm 6' and NOT slim. I think that has those restraints? It was several years ago that I rode it, so my memory is hazy. Well my memory is always hazy! I get headbanging on all standard B&M OTSRs. So it's not just short people that suffer. For example on Dominator. And of course on the utterly wretched - in that regard - Firebird.

I'll be contrarian:
It's San Diego, quite possibly the most perfect weather in America. The lowest the average temp gets is 50 at night, and the highest (year round mind you) is 77. They get about 10 inches of rain a year on average. Highest humidity is in June-July-August and peaks at about 23%. Average wind speed between 5-9 mph.

I think having a wide open station is perfect because the weather is just perfect almost all the time.

Reactions: Dave / Pink and MAZ
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad