Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Six Flags is known to officially announce names and change them before opening. There isn't anything stopping SeaWorld from doing the same. Abyss is a much better name for a dive coaster anyways.
Also, allows for Orlando to have a unique name that is associated with only that park and gives San Diego a name that hasn't been used in the chain and provides a more general theme that can easily be done. The shark exhibit is several minutes away from where this coaster will be located in a different area of the park and this would only make the theme more disjointed by theming it to sharks, but not actually having sharks in the immediate area of the ride.

Also, allows for Orlando to have a unique name that is associated with only that park and gives San Diego a name that hasn't been used in the chain and provides a more general theme that can easily be done. The shark exhibit is several minutes away from where this coaster will be located in a different area of the park and this would only make the theme more disjointed by theming it to sharks, but not actually having sharks in the immediate area of the ride.
I agree. I never understood why they used the name Manta for a ride that was completely different. To me it would make more sense if it was the same same style ride as the ride it shares a name with but both this ride and Manta don't.

Last edited:
Seaworld San Diego just announced in IAAPA that Mako is not the name, the new name is called Emperor.

I watched that reveal live via ACE's live stream. A sign! So worth it! Ok, so it was only a few minutes of my time....

Can't tell if they just did a bad Nolimits job, or reused concept footage from 2006 from Griffon...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad