News Project 2020: Emperor

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Aug 9, 2017
Mako being reused for a dive machine isn't as bad as Manta being both a B&M flying and a Mack launch - or before that, Vortex and Viper being reused by KECO and Six Flags respectively.

Mar 16, 2016
I really wish they would stop naming coasters the same name when they're nothing like each other. It's just confusing.
Like the Superman clones.....or Batman clones....or Joker clones....or Riddler clones.

Seriously. To me that's far worse that there's 5 Cyborg Spins that are all the same thing.

Reactions: Zimmy
Jul 5, 2017
I'm not concerned about the name. I doubt a ton of people in California are going to the SeaWorld in Orlando and getting confused by the two Mantas.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
“When it opens in 2020, mako will set many records for the park including a world record length brake run”
/s

Reactions: Eric
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I think it's certainly possible but the problem with coasters breaking 300 feet is that they need to have a reliable and safe way of slowing the trains down with all the momentum they have. Without being just a simple go up really high and down really fast coaster with not much length to it there's really not much a Dive Machine can do that's interesting and worth justifying the investment that it can't already do at 150-225 feet for much less money.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I mean, sure. What I mean is if the unique design isn't compatible with the speeds and forces.
Considering Ukon Striker has a drop of 245 feet I think it’s in the realm of possibility it’s just a park would need to find a reason to justify the extremely expensive cost. Also, marketing would be challenging as while it would take the worlds tallest dive coaster title, is it worth the extra height along with the added cost? Dive coaster models could also still be considered “rare” in certain regions of the world and a 150-200 foot model could prove to be just as successful as a 300 foot model as it would be the same concept in the eyes of most guests.

Reactions: Pink and Zachary
May 12, 2011
ROANOKE, VA
Also, to add to Connor’s perception of this, I know I can’t speak for anyone else, but for me the smoothness, elements, and transitions of the overall ride matter more to me as an roller coaster enthusiast. I have been on several gigas and much prefer a lot of other non-gigas based on these factors. Just remember the drop only last so long and a small part of the overall layout.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
So what I had heard was... As we saw the Abyss name that was set for the now "Texas Stingray" at SWSA is now going to be used for SWSD's Dive Machine. I guess we will find out today.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
So what I had heard was... As we saw the Abyss name that was set for the now "Texas Stingray" at SWSA is now going to be used for SWSD's Dive Machine. I guess we will find out today.
It has already been announced as mako, abyss could still be for Orlando though.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad