Project 2020: Coconut Shores

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
It looks great, though it would be nice if there was only a single entrance/exit to the play structure area to keep kids from running off the wrong way.
On the other hand 360 access means parents can stay outside the structure and move around to keep an eye on their kids easier.

Nov 30, 2018
On the other hand 360 access means parents can stay outside the structure and move around to keep an eye on their kids easier.
Hershey's has it set up with a fence all the way around their similar structure, but only a single entry/exit. This allows keeping an eye on the kids, but not having them walk off through an access point on the opposite side of the structure if you lose sight of them.

Mushroom

Old user, new username
Feb 12, 2011
I wish I had kids so I wouldn't look creepy playing on it. 😂
I can't help you with the optics of it, but for what it's worth, adults aren't required to be accompanied by a child to experience Lighthouse Landing (source). That isn't the case for Lil' Barefoot Beach and Splash Island, which require guests over 54" tall to be accompanied by a child, so at least the park clearly isn't concerned with barring adults from Lighthouse Landing. So I'm sure if you want to grab a friend and check out the structure next year, you won't be the only child-free adults up there. The place looks sick.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad