Project 2020: Coconut Shores

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 30, 2018
Food truck court is a good idea. It fixes a lot of KD’s food issues - quality, variety, throughput. It would be nice to see if they carry it into the main park.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I LOVE this idea for all the reasons @rswashdc stated and one other as well—when Soak City is closed for the year, Haunt rolls around, and KD needs more dining locations, they can just drive these things into the main park!
It could also be a huge help during WinterFest especially if they still only open part of the park. Set them up somewhere install a heated tent and you alleviate some of the biggest gripes that people have had with little cost.

Mushroom

Same user, new username
Feb 12, 2011
Let’s just hope that they don’t disable the engines or wheel bearings to make them immobile.
Yeah, I do wonder if these will be actual, drivable trucks or just permanent food stands disguised as trucks.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
My guess they're real trucks. Probably put them up on low blocks. I doubt they'd seriously disable them, as others stated, they can relocate them as needed. Just change the vinyl truck wrap to change the menu/theme.

Mushroom

Same user, new username
Feb 12, 2011
The 2020 Rider Height and Safety Guide has been released. It doesn't reveal too much, but one thing I thought was interesting is that there's no maximum height restriction for the slides at Lighthouse Landing, so they'll be open to adults too. This was the case at the old Splash House too, but since these slides are substantially taller and longer, it's good to see they won't be limited to just kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor and Zachary
Jul 24, 2014
The 2020 Rider Height and Safety Guide has been released. It doesn't reveal too much, but one thing I thought was interesting is that there's no maximum height restriction for the slides at Lighthouse Landing, so they'll be open to adults too. This was the case at the old Splash House too, but since these slides are substantially taller and longer, it's good to see they won't be limited to just kids.
I really hope they allow adults too, because at Carowinds at Seaside Splashworks (their newer splash house), they won't allow any adults in the area without a child under 54 inches tall. They even enforced this to even go under the splash bucket too. It happened every time Ive gone to that water park since 2016.
TBH, they seemed more concerned about adults not being with children than looking out for the children in the splash house.
Fingers crossed KD doesn't do what Carowinds does.

Reactions: Mushroom

Mushroom

Same user, new username
Feb 12, 2011
I really hope they allow adults too, because at Carowinds at Seaside Splashworks (their newer splash house), they won't allow any adults in the area without a child under 54 inches tall. They even enforced this to even go under the splash bucket too. It happened every time Ive gone to that water park since 2016.
TBH, they seemed more concerned about adults not being with children than looking out for the children in the splash house.
Fingers crossed KD doesn't do what Carowinds does.
I know for a fact that unaccompanied adults were allowed in KD’s Splash House, so based on the new safety guide that was just released, it looks like Lighthouse Landing will have the same policy. That must be a rule that varies by park.

Nov 30, 2018
It looks great, though it would be nice if there was only a single entrance/exit to the play structure area to keep kids from running off the wrong way.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad