Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
As much as I want to believe it is real, those blueprint plans don't make a lot of sense for a coaster that is supposedly an "AquaTrax" or any coaster really that's going to have a splash down.

The Splashdown element is going to be nearly twice as long as other rides like Griffon or Diamondback; and in order for the ride to successfully cross to the other side of the Voyage they're going to have to modify Voyage's support structure since the barrel roll goes directly through Voyage's lift.

I want to believe it, but I can't.

EDIT: Upon further inspection it looks like the supposed "footers" of this attraction would be placed directly on top of existing attractions or existing attractions would conflict heavily with the layout of this ride. Yeah, this isn't getting my seal of approval.

Reactions: BGWnut and Zachary

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
So Holiday World's 2020 announcement is at 1pm EST. They're holding an in-park announcement... but have said that they won't be livestreaming it. I can't even begin to understand why parks keep doing this. It's the year 2019. I can watch thousands of people play video games live at any given moment. Why can't parks manage this?

Edit: Live video from a local news channel.

Last edited:

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Cheetah Chase Official Website

Fact Sheet:
Height limit: 42” to ride with a supervising companion; 48” to ride alone

Type: RocketBLAST water coaster

Opening: 2020

Length: Left: 851, Right 852 (Total 1,703 feet)

Highest BLAST: 27 feet

RocketBLAST sections: 5

Top Speed: 30 feet/second

Boats: Three-person toboggan-style with seatbacks

Designer: ProSlide Technology Inc., Ontario, Canada

Official Description:
Who will be the fastest? Race against your family and friends on the world’s first launched water coaster!

Holiday World’s third water coaster will feature two ProSlide RocketBLAST®-powered racing slides totaling more than 1700 feet of track. Riders will experience a water-powered flat launch before racing against their families toward the finish line.

The ride features the first-ever head-to-head dueling zone on a water coaster, as well as two other RallyPOINTS™ where rafts will synchronize with one another. Each side also features two FlyingSAUCER® elements—which create “a faster and tighter ride with stronger g-forces,” as well as “maximum curving speed and centrifugal force,” according to the manufacturer, ProSlide.

Promo Videos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16F1xdi1F1A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Y3jB1YYvw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcVMGtRHW0Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0C2vBBxkaE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z69lTZaBTCw

Concept Art:

Last edited:

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Lucky for me, HW is my current local park! I guess I will have to make the 3 hour trip there. Man... I live in a theme park desert.

Apr 29, 2011
They're holding an in-park announcement... but have said that they won't be livestreaming it. I can't even begin to understand why parks keep doing this. It's the year 2019. I can watch thousands of people play video games live at any given moment. Why can't parks manage this?

That park is in the middle of nowhere and it’s quite possible that they do not have the bandwidth access to livestream an event online. Many of the residents in that area rely on a satellite or fixed wireless internet provider.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
The only disappointment for me is that it's using a water launch instead of LSM..

Beyond that it looks awesome

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Just a sidenote: Whoever is coming up with the color palletes for these slides deserves a raise. ProSlide is seriously making some of the best looking rides in the whole industry IMHO.

The only disappointed is that it's using a water launch instead of LSM..

To be fair, Holiday World already features two magneticly-launched ProSlide water coasters. The fact that these are water-launched is actually a nice differentiating feature for HW.

Reactions: Unagi and BGWnut
Apr 7, 2013
How come ProSlide uses those "discs" as turning elements on these kind of rides? Instead of just an exposed turn?

Is there a reason other than looks? Performance? Water flow? Just curious...

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I see ProSlide has already made some changes for Cheetah Chase that weren't present for Breaker's or its sister slides. I wonder if ProSlide will be giving these parks thise 3 person tubes to address the issues at hand.

Reactions: Zachary

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
In an absolutely terrible piece of writing; CNN is now claiming this to be the world's first launched water ride...

Not only are they horribly incorrect; they also have managed to contradict themselves in their own article:

"The Cheetah Chase will join two other water coasters at the combo park: Wildebeest and Mammoth. Cheetah Chase will be constructed in Splashin' Safari, Koch said."

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad