Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Who pays to park at Hershey Park and then doesn't go into the park? Or is there some way to park for free and just get kettle corn?

You can park at Chocolate World for free (there is a time limit) to go in there. You can in the past go to Tudor Square to shop if you wanted to.

Reactions: Crunchewy
I saw that Hersheypark is aiming to open in July. From all the videos I see of Chocolatetown construction, they'll need to do a lot of work to get the plaza ready for opening. With Candymonium already testing, if they do get everything else finished by July, I could see it open to the public.

Oh by the way, if any of y'all have a King Size Pass you can ride Candymonium on June 29th and 30th.

Not sure of how registration for the event goes, but it's only available for them. Regular Season Passholders will get to ride on the preview days July 1st and 2nd.

Reactions: Nicole
So none of you have braved the covid-19 waters to try Candymonium yet?

Early reports I'm seeing are that Hershey's handling of the situation leaves something to be desired. Specifically no hand-sanitizer to be found, few social distance markers and not much in the way of cleaning efforts. That's super disappointing to me. I thought Hershey might do it right. This is only a preview day, though. Maybe they'll get their ducks in a row before the official opening. On the plus side, it sounds like the people actually going are doing a decent job of wearing masks and doing things right.

I heard from some friends that road it yesterday. One called it best hyper they’ve been on. Quite a few out it top 3 hypers. The common talking point was despite the length sounding short, it was about the right length to not lose any pacing but long enough to feel “full”. The airtime hills according to them gave some great feeling but quickly picked up speed again. To quote my friend “it’s as if Apollo and Skyrush had a baby.”

Reactions: Mushroom
I made a reservation later this month. I’ll be sure to be impartial to how disappointing it is compared to Mako.

One youtube guy I watched a video of (just offride footage and comments) was a bit underwhelmed by it, but was reserving judgement until he got more rides on it. He did say it appeared to have sped up after his ride. I think he was on one of the first few rides.

Man I can’t wait to go back to Hersheypark haven’t been since 2010.

I'd wait until next year if you can only go that infrequently. Storm Runner is down for the season and it's one of the highlights. Fantastic coaster. I don't know when they retroffitted it with i305's new style of restraints, but if you rode it before that change, it is now much better. I did ride it early on and remember it being a bit painful with the hard restraints it use to have.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad