News Project 2020: Candymonium & Hershey's Chocolatetown

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First drop is being put in. Will have pictures in a few hours.

Also pertinent updates:

- The temporary gate entry over by Fahrenheit is planned to stay until Springtime in the Park at the earliest.
- Fun Slides and the Dinosaur kiddie ride have been removed.
- There's a second crane now present on site. I am dubbing it Mid-Yellow, since it is yellow and smaller than Big Red.

Reactions: Unagi

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Hershey announces a new VR attraction for Chocolatetown -

Reactions: Nicole and Thomas
Mar 18, 2016
Obviously plans change and all, but looking at the initial concept art and the current state of construction, it appears things will look slightly different than revealed.

The turn around the fountain is the main thing I noticed. In the original concept art, the fountain area was away from Spring Creek and there was a lot of grass.

But this image from earlier shows the fountain is right up against the creek.

The final results (while still incomplete) don't look as nice as the concept art. However, I assume the concrete walls will help mitigate flooding issues/concerns.

Dec 11, 2019
Obviously plans change and all, but looking at the initial concept art and the current state of construction, it appears things will look slightly different than revealed.

The turn around the fountain is the main thing I noticed. In the original concept art, the fountain area was away from Spring Creek and there was a lot of grass.

But this image from earlier shows the fountain is right up against the creek.

The final results (while still incomplete) don't look as nice as the concept art. However, I assume the concrete walls will help mitigate flooding issues/concerns.
I agree with you it’s not quite as nice but the view from the far side of the fountain of the coaster will be sweet and I’m sure it will end up looking sweet either way.

Reactions: Zachary
Jul 5, 2017
I can't wait to check this out at HP in the coming years. I still haven't been since Skyrush went up so adding that and this to the equation sure makes HP a lot more exciting when it was already fantastic when I went in 2010. Sure it makes no sense to have two hypers but when I think about it it's no different from having two wooden coasters.

Reactions: Dylon
Dec 11, 2019
I can't wait to check this out at HP in the coming years. I still haven't been since Skyrush went up so adding that and this to the equation sure makes HP a lot more exciting when it was already fantastic when I went in 2010. Sure it makes no sense to have two hypers but when I think about it it's no different from having two wooden coasters.
Both of these hypers will provide drastically different experiences, and many parks have 2 wooden coasters, as Lightning Racer and Comet are far from similar

May 17, 2019
It’s worth noting Hershey has a third - wildcat. I’m so excited for candymonium though, looks like a really quality addition to my hp : )

Login or Register to Hide This Ad