Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sorry for the double post but:

Where the overlays of the site plans overlay, the coordinates place this right where the turn around is at. The 'peak' of the lift hill is 780 feet away. At the point that the elevation is 422, a full 75 feet higher than where they are placing this at. The creek elevation is 335 feet. They could be pushing a giga without going up a full 300 feet in the air. They could be looking at pulling what Kennywood did with Phantom and what BGW did with Apollo; a lift height shorter than the drop, so they can reach that drop without a huge lift. I bring this up because a 220 lift, topping out at a place where ground level is another 87 lower means they would easily hit giga territory, and without a tunnel to drop into you would hit 307 feet.

So Hershey is potentially getting a Terrain-Hyper coaster ala Busch Gardens Williamsburg, sweet.

Increasing chatter that construction will start Jan 5th 2019 (After Christmas Candylane wraps) and finishing April 15th 2020 (Start of Springtime in the Park)

Reactions: b.mac
It depends on what they are doing with it. If they are using the road to expand to, they can keep the current entrance open, build the wider area out, then in the 2019-2020 offseason they could demolish the buildings in the way of it being wider.

Announcement coming in 20 minutes. There are split rumors of moving the front gate, 220' wing coaster, RMC Wildcat (I'm firm on this will almost never happen), of course the expansion.

Announcement coming in 20 minutes. There are split rumors of moving the front gate, 220' wing coaster, RMC Wildcat (I'm firm on this will almost never happen), of course the expansion.
Got a link to where it's streaming?

23 acre area at the entrance called "Chocolatetown". Kinda looks like a Universal City Walk concept.

B&M coaster confirmed. Carousel. No details on the coaster yet.

Front gate not radically moved. Closer to the parking lot, but not to a different part of the park.

Reactions: Mushroom
18 months of announcements coming for this addition to the park. Looks to connect Chocolate World and the Park closer together. More details in Jan 2019. 5 restaurants and bar areas. Exclusive entrance areas for pass holders and resort guests only. Custom Creamery.

Reactions: Youhow2
Sorry for all the posts but adding as we go:

15th coaster. Longest, tallest, fastest coaster. Not much coming out until next summer. They are holding back as the announcement said "There are far more surprises that you haven't guessed."

Reactions: musicman3204
I'm going to do something later......this might put Hersheypark on the same scale and size as UO/IOA but 1 gate as opposed to 2, along with an entertainment complex. This really is huge.

gjqQp6T.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Official Website

Highlights:

Hpzric2.png

Concept Art:

Last edited:
Estimated Price: $150 million.

All of this to move the kettle corn outside of the park gates...

NAW THIS IS AWESOME. This is an entry experience not many parks are capable of matching, or will be capable of matching for a very long time. It's also about time Hershey got another capacity coaster, and though it may only seat 28 per train that thing should have no problem obliterating lines.

EDIT: If anyone is curious about it, the 2020 Hyper will have 3 trains based on Hershey Kisses, Twizzlers, and Reese's. Murmurings of "Candemonium" as a name carry some weight now.

Looks like they wanted a mini city walk.

I see more regional parks diversifying and adding citywalk type things to the property. Not many are capable, or in a proper location to do so, but to those that are... What are you waiting for?

Reactions: wombat96 and b.mac
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad