Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just opened this thread with 9 new pages and was quite excited that something had happened.....disappointment is quite thick here.

But but but ... The fire suppression system is inspected and passed. That's... Something. Every little bit pushes us closer.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Maybe they can put a POV video of Pantheon in BfE simulator. We could virtually ride it since they are in no hurry to open up the actual coaster.

That'd be a hell of a bad first impression for the ride because that sim couldn't even handle a slight shift to the left properly let alone trying to simulate inversions.

Just thinking about something. Now if they do push Pantheon back to 2022 under the premise that there won’t be any restrictions and make more off of ROI but there’s another outbreak and not as many vaccinated individuals get there annual shot in time. What then? I feel like that could be a likely scenario especially if we have another outbreak this fall and a mutation.

• Dislike
Reactions: DECoasterGuy
Just thinking about something. Now if they do push Pantheon back to 2022 under the premise that there won’t be any restrictions and make more off of ROI but there’s another outbreak and not as many vaccinated individuals get there annual shot in time. What then?
Pure speculation. And low probability based on current info.. gotta roll the dice sometimes.

COVID-19 is as endemic as the flu at this point and considering that other parts of the world are still struggling with it. Outbreaks aren’t going anywhere soon.

Source?

None of this is known fact yet. There is yet to be a strain that defeats the vaccine.

Take your guesses/speculation/fearmongering to the Covid thread.

Last edited:
No one in the industry is behaving like they expect a repeat of 2020 anytime in the immediate future. Could that be a bit foolhardy? Maybe. For the sake of the industry though, lets hope they're right.

Now if a vaccine resistant strain develops and starts to gain a foothold in the US, that could radically change EVERYONE'S calculations about damn near EVERYTHING. For now lets just hope that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
^that idea terrifies me.

EDIT: at this point can we estimate the odds of Pantheon being delayed to 2022? Like are we talking greater than 50% or is this like……SEAS could just decide to open all the coasters this week?

^that idea terrifies me.

EDIT: at this point can we estimate the odds of Pantheon being delayed to 2022? Like are we talking greater than 50% or is this like……SEAS could just decide to open all the coasters this week?
We’ll probably know for sure at the shareholders call, but it’s not looking good.

No one in the industry is behaving like they expect a repeat of 2020 anytime in the immediate future. Could that be a bit foolhardy? Maybe. For the sake of the industry though, lets hope they're right.

Now if a vaccine resistant strain develops and starts to gain a foothold in the US, that could radically change EVERYONE'S calculations about damn near EVERYTHING. For now lets just hope that doesn't happen.
Businesses don’t really have a choice but to play along and it is a real possibility. I’m just not a fan of illusion of safety from my perspective.

^that idea terrifies me.

It’s hard to say what SEAS will do at this point. It seems like they’ve overthought this to a point where they are in no mans land in terms of opening their new rides (late in the year, other big rides sucking up oxygen, etc.), unless they’ve got something really savvy up their sleeves.

A big issue is they’ve basically killed the hype these rides had, especially for Iron Gwazi, and I’m not very convinced they can get that back at this point. Probably the best move would at this point be to get the rides open, stop trying to thread the needle timing wise, and get what they can marketing/sales wise out of them, but I’m not sure SEAS hasnt locked themselves into a strategy they can easily walk out of.

In reality, we don't know why they aren't opening these rides yet, but I will tell you that it is most likely because they have deemed (for some reason) that they don't need to yet. If it's attendance based, they may just be waiting for a slump after everyone finally was able to metaphorically stretch their legs after being cooped up for so long. If it's based on other park's decisions, it could be that they are waiting to open after the hype from other projects die down. For all we know, they are waiting til after the Golden Tickets, so that they can claim Best New Rides 2022 with a smaller pool since I'm pretty sure most 2022 projects were delayed or scrapped due to covid. At the end of the day, the leadership for SEAS will do what they think is best, despite what we would want. Get upset with them if you want, just know that they most likely don't care what a hardcore fan base thinks, but rather what the GP is concerned with. At this point, I would say that the only way to get answers from them is via local media pressing them on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
To be clear, in my opinion, it is just OBVIOUSLY better for SEAS if they can manage to delay their unopened 2020 projects to 2022.

They can start marketing the coasters again in late 2021 and into early 2022 to rekindle the hype. The chain can use those coasters to sell passes in early '22 just like they did in early 2020. Then SEAS can open them all somewhere between the end of February and the end of March to drive attendance during what is expected to be a slow time of year. It essentially allows SEAS to double dip on pass sales for these coasters while also harvesting the massive early spring attendance boost provided by major new attractions. You can think it's slimy, but it would be effective.

There's another reason too though. Right now, BGW, BGT, SWO, and SWSD don't have 2022 attractions lined up. SEAS has made it clear that their promotional strategy relies on one attraction addition per year. It turned out that 2021 gave SEAS a new attraction at all of their parks for free—the "end" of COVID. If SEAS can manage to keep their 2020 projects in the barrel until 2022 without it blowing up in their faces, it gets the chain right back on track again.

Going even further, in the case of BGW, they probably especially want to delay Pantheon to 2022 because their local competition is one of the few parks out there with a 2022 coaster project on the table. BGW, as one of those attraction every year SEAS parks, probably really doesn't want their one gap year to be the same year KD adds a coaster.

So yeah, for a multitude of different reasons, it is just better for SEAS to hold these attractions back until 2022 if you ask me. They could still definitely make the call to open some or all of them this year if demand slumps or public pressure really starts to build, but everything I'm seeing right now says to me that SEAS would prefer to wait until 2022.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad