Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 3, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Ahhhh I can’t wait for Pantheon watch after all these years.

Pantheon watches aren't cheap - they'll cost you $1000+.

OR VISIT THE PARK 100 TIMES BETWEEN NOW AND FRIDAY FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE MEMBERS ONLY BENEFIT!

gucci-pantheon-stainless-steel-mens-watch-ya115209.jpg

May 27, 2011
It would nice to see some of that theme from the frame ON THE ACTUAL RIDE. Otherwise they should have put the picture in a white paper boarder. 😄😟

Reactions: belsaas

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
While I do agree it'd be nice to have some more theming, if you didn't know anything about AC (not even it's name) and were to guess its theme from just taking a ride on it, would you even come close?

Reactions: hugecoltsfan

Nibbins

Resident Rat
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
While I do agree it'd be nice to have some more theming, if you didn't know anything about AC (not even it's name) and were to guess its theme from just taking a ride on it, would you even come close?
That would largely depend on if they are running the automated spiel or not.

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I mean if you rode in the front car and looked down yes since it's right on each train front. But yes I largely agree with your point.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Mar 24, 2021
At least with Apollo you’re soaring through the trees and it’s “scenic”. Pantheon doesn’t have any of that. Of course, that doesn’t actually change the ride, but theming of any kind basically can’t ever hurt.

Reactions: SLC Headache

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Found a pretty good shot of why there is a fairly low height max on this…

The headchopper looks INSANE

To be clear the headchopper IS INANE but there is plenty of clearance and that is not the reason for the max height.

Jul 16, 2019
The guys at the CoasterRadio podcast seem to have confirmed that at least a media day opening for Pantheon will be in February as per their latest episode.

Oct 20, 2019
If BGW ever wanted to put up some structures inside of Pantheon’s center field, would the park need to do any serious regrading of the land? I remember an early park rendering showed a bridge from the Italian gardens area that led to a central plaza inside of Pantheon, and it seems that that kind of hardscaping of the already flat land is still possible with how undeveloped it all still is. In fact, I wonder if the current land grading that we see was for that canceled bridge, which is why the grass field now looks so tasteless.

Besides the future development for Festhaus Park, could the Pantheon site ever be used for walking trails etc. to reach the Roman Rapids area? Or in the grand scheme of the park map, is Pantheon’s area just too much of a dead end for any through-trails? I was thinking it’s viable because of the Italian train station to help move traffic along but maybe I’m crazy.

When I see KD reinvesting to increase themeing in pre-existing areas, it gives me hope that their neighbor down the street might feel inspired to do the same thing.

Reactions: Coasternerd

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
@tiaba: @AIR mapped out a really neat example of what could theoretically be possible with the area in Pantheon's infield in this concept if you're interested:

Do I think something like that is likely anytime soon? Not really—but I hold out hope that maybe one day BGW will get back to the point where such a thing could happen.

Dec 7, 2021
@tiaba: @AIR mapped out a really neat example of what could theoretically be possible with the area in Pantheon's infield in this concept if you're interested:

Do I think something like that is likely anytime soon? Not really—but I hold out hope that maybe one day BGW will get back to the point where such a thing could happen.
The only way this will happen is if BG parks get bought by herschend. Herschend actually like to theme stuff so…. We can dream

Jun 5, 2014
I’ve always felt that a bridge connecting San Marco to Pantheon would have been nice. Also to have tied the Italian/Roman aesthetic would’ve been a nice touch. However....now... with things as they are now. Connecting Festa Italia to the field that Pantheon resides on... are there possibilities for other development in that space. Could a moderate sized flat be placed in the “infield” or on the area toward Roman Rapids and train tracks? Just seems like a lot of effort to cross that bridge and trek away from other attractions for a single ride. I’ve always felt that when Madrid got put burned and the Intamin two for one deal came into fruition... Pantheon got shafted and major theming /story was gonna be for Drachen Spire. Hence the lackluster look. I still can’t believe that the station, queue and field itself are..... just... bare.

Last edited:

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Looking at Google maps, I don't see where a bridge could go without either being on the train trestle or a spur across the ravine from the San Marco bridge behind the theater (not sure exactly where that could go with track clearance and whatnot in the way).

Login or Register to Hide This Ad