Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 18, 2017
Right now I'm considering these early access events just a delay before the normal opening, after which crowds will eventually normalize and it becomes good. Have lucked out on the latest 2 KD coasters though in that they weren't tremendously popular at opening, but for some reason that may not be the case here. I did wait 45-50 minutes for my first ride on TT but never more than 25 since.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Jul 5, 2017
Right now I'm considering these early access events just a delay before the normal opening, after which crowds will eventually normalize and it becomes good. Have lucked out on the latest 2 KD coasters though in that they weren't tremendously popular at opening, but for some reason that may not be the case here. I did wait 45-50 minutes for my first ride on TT but never more than 25 since.
Twisted Timbers gets a solid 1-3 hour wait on Saturdays. I got stuck in a 2 hour line for it the day it hit capacity. I do think Pantheon is gonna draw crowds hard people love launch coasters. Hopefully it doesn't cause an unintentional spike in ACs line.

Reactions: Travis...
Oct 23, 2019
I got to ride Velocicoaster not to long ago and it was awesome. I'm really looking forward to the launch section of pantheon. I really hope there is some good air on the backwards launch. The restraint system was really comfortable too.

• Love
Reactions: Travis...
Apr 22, 2019
I know you were all joking, but for promotional shoots they don't let you wear logo shirts. If you did they wouldn't let you ride. That's how it worked when I (for some stupid reason) did the ACE-invited Firebird promo thing at SFA.

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I got to ride Velocicoaster not to long ago and it was awesome. I'm really looking forward to the launch section of pantheon. I really hope there is some good air on the backwards launch. The restraint system was really comfortable too.
That little bunny hill should give a nice pop of airtime.

Mar 24, 2021
I think a real testament of how good a ride this is is if Intamin was able to make all the pre switch track “filler” worthwhile. If it’s fairly slow paced and doesn’t exert forces it’ll just feel like wasted track.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Feb 3, 2019
I think a real testament of how good a ride this is is if Intamin was able to make all the pre switch track “filler” worthwhile. If it’s fairly slow paced and doesn’t exert forces it’ll just feel like wasted track.

I think most people wouldn't consider a launch into an inversion to be filler

Mar 4, 2021
There’s a zero g winder with good hangtime and two off axis airtime hills and there may be some decent positive Gs on the helix.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
It seems like all the top hat coasters go slow over the top. Kingda Ka does too.

I think ElToroRyan mentioned that in one of his videos - the forces would be too high for safe riding if it flew over the top for KK and TTD though KK had potentially received a design upgrade that prevented a force issue - it just didn't get used.

While there may also be a higher speed tolerance than they currently operate, a lot of parks tend to slow down their tophat crests to save on wear and tear/maintenance.

At least according to those videos...

Login or Register to Hide This Ad