Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest X-Pert
Jul 26, 2014
Interesting reporting from Screamscape on possible 2019 teasers in Dorney Park’s latest video.

icon_STOP.gif
2019 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/17/18) Is Dorney Park trying to send us a message? In the latest video posted to Dorney Park's YouTube channel called the "Dorney Park National Roller Coaster Day 5k" the early part of the video seems to include some interesting teasers in the background.
In the opening shot the woman at the desk is reading a book open to a chapter called "The 10 Best Steel Coasters In The World". Meanwhile her computer monitor has google map pulled up and is looking at an aerial shot of the Dinosaurs Alive area.
Next shot reverses the angle and we can see she has two computer monitors, with what looks like a screen from Roller Coaster Tycoon pulled up on the second monitor showing off a wooden coaster design. In the background on the right you can see some kind of folder or message board propped up on the desk with the text "{HI} #AMAZING LOOKSLIKE 2019" on it. On the desk in the foreground is another white folder with a red "CONFIDENTIAL" on it and the text 'NEW FOR 2019".
In a later shot you can also see some artwork in the background next to the message board that looks like a sign made up from surfboards as well, but that could be nothing. There is a photo of something I can't make out under the message board however, looks like a ride of some kind, but I'm not sure. From there the rest of the video just showcases the park's collection of coasters.
So while we really don't know much about what's coming for 2019, at least they seem to be telling us that they are getting SOMETHING.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's been long rumored that Dorney was supposed to be getting a wooden coaster. Back in 2016 the GM confirmed during the Coaster Madness event that they purchased property behind Dinos Alive and were looking into future expansion in that area, especially now that Dorney is supposedly getting more freedom in their expansion projects in the future thanks to South Whitehall Township being less NIMBY supportive.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Didn’t Firehawk have a ton of problems at KI? And lol to them not removing Eiffel Tower if this is indeed real.

This gives me hope that KD could get Witche’s Wheel from Cedar Point and rename it to Apple Turnover.

Didn’t Firehawk have a ton of problems at KI? And lol to them not removing Eiffel Tower if this is indeed real.

This gives me hope that KD could get Witche’s Wheel from Cedar Point and rename it to Apple Turnover.
Didn't Dorney scrap Stinger when it failed to sell? I heard Stinger wasn't too reliable its final year.

I'd rather see a new Zamperla Endeavor. Witches' Wheel seemed to run a shorter cycle possibly due to its condition. Kentucky Kingdom and now Six Flags St. Louis replaced Enterprises with Endeavors.

I'd bet good money this screenshot is fake. I could whip something that convincing out with five minutes in Photoshop and two or three minutes spent in Chrome's Web Inspector tools. On that note...

brb, gonna go convince /r/rollercoasters that Kanonen is coming to DorneyPark for 2019

Didn't Dorney scrap Stinger when it failed to sell? I heard Stinger wasn't too reliable its final year.

I'd rather see a new Zamperla Endeavor. Witches' Wheel seemed to run a shorter cycle possibly due to its condition. Kentucky Kingdom and now Six Flags St. Louis replaced Enterprises with Endeavors.

At this point, I’m ready for the remaining CF parks (mostly KD) to announce SOMETHING at this rate. We’re now almost a week into October and we still haven’t heard anything from a few of the parks.

Yeah if nothing else gets announced that's pretty surprising. A lot of parks with "nothing." KD not getting anything would not be surprising after Twisted Timbers and Winterfest as their 2011 addition after I305 was basically coordinated christmas lights.

Is dino alive coming out? Has this been confirmed? I've been to haunt about 4 times this season with no end in sight...unless they are waiting for November 1st. This is my home park. I would like to see another woodie besides Thunderhawk (As much as I love it). Last thing they added were flat rides and a *gasp* upgraded restaurant in WWK. I'm quite tired of the crickets.

I believe Dino’s Alive is being removed chain-wide.

Ring-a-ding. The Corporate contract with Dinos Alive expires this year and Cedar Fair is not removing it. Rumor had it half the parks were up last year but only Kings Island took the option of removing the ride and Cedar Fair extended the contract chain wide for 2018.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
I believe they're licensed from Premier Exhibitions

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad