News Project 2019: Tidal Twister (SkyWarp Horizon)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

b.mac

Great Adventure got an RMC...
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I was told there is an issue with the restraints. I’m still trying to find out specific details...
Probably the same locking issue that the RMC trains have been dealing with, considering Skyline and RMC use similar parts suppliers for their products.

Apr 29, 2011
Probably the same locking issue that the RMC trains have been dealing with, considering Skyline and RMC use similar parts suppliers for their products.
Just found out the restraint cylinders aren’t working. No ETA given on when this problem will be fixed. Not sure if this is the same issue with the RMCs.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I didn't write the headline. In the article -
So far though, the coaster’s operation has been spotty. A little more than a week after its May 24 opening, Tidal Twister was shut down with no explanation other than it was experiencing an “operational issue.” A week later it was deemed safe to reopen, SeaWorld reported at the time. By July 1, though, the coaster was shut down yet again.

So I can see where they got the "again".

Nov 15, 2019
This product seems like a flop. Skyline needs to make major improvements to this ride if it is ever going to be as successful as rides such as the superloop and freespin.

Reactions: J.J.
Apr 22, 2019
Eh, I'm willing to call it a roller coaster. It coasts for part of the layout and it has what is essentially a slow launch. However the whole thing is one big flaw.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad