News Project 2019: Tidal Twister (SkyWarp Horizon)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 24, 2018
Fair point, but I doubt the clankiness will be solved.

These things looked so cool in concept but kinda hit their forehead on the doorway as far as execution went.

I hope this one violates that trend. I'd never wish failure upon a SEAS park.
They have discussed various changes that they have made to address those issues. I'm hopeful that they will be fixed.

Reactions: warfelg

b.mac

Great Adventure got an RMC...
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I don't know about 2020 purchases but there were a few orders put in for a Skywarp model for the 2019 year that have not been announced (and likely changed or delayed).

Sea World San Diego already has had a terrible time with Submarine Voyage from Chance. I doubt they want to go through a second round with Skyline.

Reactions: Zachary

UnicornZiva

fancy cafe latte
May 30, 2011
IIRC for at least a bit of the ride (down the hills?) the propulsion is turned off and the cars coast using their own gravity, so technically a coaster. Not that marketing cares about that so much -- if you sit in a car on a track and go down any kind of hill marketing materials tend to refer to it as a coaster.

Reactions: Zachary

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
In contrast to a Larson loop I do consider this a grey area. I also consider powered coasters to be coasters.

What’s more roller coaster? This or sfmm Superman

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Apr 9, 2013
My initial impression of this design and layout is it all looks like hot garbage and I really have no desire to ride one. But i won't completely write off something that hasn't been built yet. I'm also pretty torn on whether i consider these kinds of rides a coaster. But @sunchild brought up a good point with Superman at Magic Mountain. Very much a grey area to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole
Sep 24, 2018
I'm just saying that a lot of people were worried about that because HQCC is crazy loud. The adjustments they made seem to have worked.

Reactions: Zachary and Joe
Login or Register to Hide This Ad