Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hey Kennywood and S&S:
giphy.gif

These are the same dummies that "deformed" and found their way onto someone's roof in Ocean City, NJ a few months ago. I don't think the seatbelts will be there for opening, at least in that positioning.

It was also confirmed to me that if the weather cooperates initial testing should begin tomorrow.

Inside of the park itself Steel Curtain doesn't really do much, but outside of the park its impact on the skyline adds such a unique aesthetic to the environment.

Kennywood definitely had the right idea when they pulled the trigger on this ride, it's an eye-catcher.

I had read (but I could be mistaken...maybe @b.mac can correct me) they have to have 1,000 cycles to get certified by the State. If so, this thing will be running 24 hours for a while. The POV looks pretty fun.

Yep, PA requires 1,000 cycles minimum in order to be certified by the state of PA. There's a few other stipends to it but the big one is the cycles. It should only be about 33 hours of uninterrupted operations so it's not too bad.

Anyone know how construction is going on the actual Steelers Country area? It looks like there's still a lot to finish around the coaster itself that could delay the opening further.

last photo I saw of it they weren't even starting to pour for the queue, so the ride could possibly open up before all of Steeler's Country itself does

My eyes on the ground at Kennywood tells me they haven’t really started much because the area was so overrun with construction of SC that any other work would have certainly been damaged.

Reactions: Zachary and b.mac
prays to the coaster gods to delay the opening of Steel Curtain until after the area is finished so that it will be more likely that I'll be able to take advantage of my first rider privileges

Reactions: b.mac and Nicole
I’ve felt this coaster was kind of ugly. But I’ve got to admit that view from the station is fantastic.

Also that first drop looks crazy in the test video.

prays to the coaster gods to delay the opening of Steel Curtain until after the area is finished so that it will be more likely that I'll be able to take advantage of my first rider privileges
Looking at that station picture, it looks like it's close to completion, as some of the lights are in place. Fairly Plain Jane. But I'll give them the time to (hopefully) add some more.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad