Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 5, 2017
Admittedly I haven't been following either. Are the lands going to be the same or are the attractions different at each park?

Sep 24, 2018
The attractions will be the same at both.

Edit,
There will be a First Order Ride that will open later this year in DL. The land will open with a Millennium Falcon ride.

Both of those rides will be at both parks. They will both open with the millennium falcon ride and a few months later open the first order ride.

The areas are supposed to be almost identical to one other. They have the same restaurants, stores, rides, etc. There are some small changes to layout in order to fit them in their respective locations. One of them has one more entrance than other but I can't remember which one it is.

Reactions: Mushroom
Sep 24, 2018
An expert weighs in on anticipated wait times during the reservation only "soft opening". In a word - looooooonnnnnngggg.

The problem with that is that no one really knows what it will be like Disney itself has said that they designed the reservation system to allow everyone to do everything. Here is an article talking about how they will handle the 4 hour limit.

Some quotes from that article to point out.

During the soft opening they should have shorter lines. I'd trust Disney on this one. They really don't want to have it overran and things go poorly for people.

Reactions: Zachary

Pretzel Kaiser

Advisory Panel
Apr 5, 2011
I can't remember where, but they said that cast members will hold places in line for those who need to get food or go to the restroom.

Reactions: Nicole

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Interesting article regarding the costumes Cast Members will be wearing within the area.

"For the first time in Disneyland Park history, the cast members (that's Disney speak for employees) of "Galaxy's Edge" — specifically, a village called Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu — will have the chance to create their own personalities and backstories, using a full wardrobe of clothing, accessories and jewelry to create outfits of their choosing."

Designers worked over three years on costume design.

Reactions: Unagi and Jesy

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
It would be so awesome to be on the SWGE opening crew and especially being a Star Wars fan. Except I am still old school and remember standing in line with my Pap in line to see the first one, and I was 4 years old. But this would be amazing. That is a big crew and I thought the WWoHP crew amazed me every day walking to their area.
Awesome pic and I think I re-posted it too somewhere so can delete. Amazing, and I will be in line with some people for the WDW DHS opening of SWGE, since they said it will open at 6AM for its opening weekend with NO Reservations, so fingers crossed, I am excited

Pretzel Kaiser

Advisory Panel
Apr 5, 2011
I've been spending the last two days looking at the merch. A lot of it is amazing. There are now spreadsheets involved with how much stuff I want to buy.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad