News Area Project 2019: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (East)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
I really want to do this, but I’m going to work on a time that I can wait for smaller crowds, and when this has been open a little while and the novelty has died off some. WWoHP was insane the first 6 months (I was there) but then about 8 months in, the lines were still looong, but things were much less crowded, operations were smoother, and locals could better advise you on when to take advantage of crowd flows.

Plus, my uncle is a WDW pass holder, and knows a password to use that he can get me in with member only times, and the other one is a bus driver on lot (3 days a week and commutes from Tampa) who will give me some “friends and family” benefits he can pass along.

Mar 16, 2016
I'm going in October and staying at a resort. I hope the extra extra magic hours will allow me to enjoy it.
I’m thinking of going next April/May. My uncle in Orlando will be in Columbia with his wife at that time, so I’ll have a free place to stay. So Magic Hours won’t work for me. If I stay at his place it frees up the money for me to hit all the parks and SWO/BGT plus a half day at the Fun Spot America’s.

Apr 5, 2011
That's fair. I was always planning a haunt trip so when they announced super early entrance, I figured there might be a chance to enjoy it in the morning before the various Halloween stuff at other parks.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
Mar 16, 2016
That’s not a bad call at all. Plus at that time there might be a reduced number of families. That’s why I’m picking April/May. Post spring break, pre school out. Reduction in family vacations. Plus I’ve found that time of year is actually perfect weather wise (same with October/November) for Florida.

Nov 24, 2009
Still trying to work out to be there opening day for Florida, we had a trip planned for arrival that saturday long before the opening date was anounced. I have to work on Friday so it may be a down and back just for opening day then the planned trip....unless I can get a preview before that. Still hoping for a Pandora style preview....that was an amazing day to explore the entire queue with no one in line and ride over and over for hours.

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
Forget the $200 fun lightsaber
Stephan & I are gonna do the build the droid but get 2 that way if someone says "We like your Droids you built". I can reply these are not the droids you are looking for. I am excited to check out the land and experiences, and so it seems we are gonna do the stand in line at 0500hours its opening weekend at DHS, but only because the nephews will appreciated it.

Apr 5, 2011
The cast members are super in character, as in Earth doesn't exist.

Not that anyone here is Sadistic or anything, but you could have some fun by saying "Alderan" if they ask where you're from.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
Nov 24, 2009
and so it seems we are gonna do the stand in line at 0500hours its opening weekend at DHS
Why are you sleeping in so late....lol. But seriously based on Pandora we were getting in the gate 30-40 minutes before opening, so this could mean 5:20am or so and at those times there were fairly large crowds. I would imaging SWGE will be worse.

Reactions: Zachary

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
The cast members are super in character, as in Earth doesn't exist.

Not that anyone here is Sadistic or anything, but you could have some fun by saying "Alderan" if they ask where you're from.
I will say I am Queen Amadila of the Naboo, or speak in Ewok maybe. It will be fun, I just hope these CM's in character don't have to deal with those Douchebags, that don't get all up in their face and be stupid about it, for them being in character. LIke the ones we see plenty of times at both HOS & HHN.
That would make me even want to say something to the guests for being rude. I wish all of them the best & you know it takes that one person to mess it up for everyone.
I am getting it is like WWoHP, where when guest ask TM's out in Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley what house they are, they can't reply because they are not in one of the Hogwart;s Houses, since they are not students. I do know of some spell words used that TM's do for if someone is Hot, or being a jerk. So, props to Disney for doing this could be a fun experience, still fingers crossed that the one Jackhole or Jackholette doesn't ruin it.

Apr 5, 2011
I've been told that GE will suck because there are too many shops and it doesn't have any original trilogy characters.

I've also just been told that the new trilogy sucks because of cucks, PC culture, and Mary Sues.

Whelp, these self-described "core fans" clearly know what they're talking about. Guess I should cancel my trip.

Apr 9, 2013
There's no pleasing people when it comes to SW. We all should be happy the prequel era is over and Disney is doing something with the IP that isn't 100% suck (y'know, like the prequels).

Reactions: Zimmy and BGWnut
Login or Register to Hide This Ad