Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Another tip that ive heard, if you go to get a boarding pass and for some reason someone in your group isnt showing up or is showing not in the park grab a boarding pass for those that you can and go straight to a GET and tell them what happened, they can aparently fix it and get them added to your group.

Reactions: jeffh and Zachary
A good youtube video was posted today from Michael Kay showing why you dont want to show up a minuite after 7 to the park to get a Rise boarding group.

Reactions: DRIFT
What a ride! Was successful on this trip going 2 rides in 2 days. BG 34 and BG 66. It was a rough week for the ride though. We rode at 7:04pm the 2nd day (BG 66) and just barely made it to Fantasmic! (I think they ended on BG 68). Don't love the system (makes for a long day, or forces you into buying a park hopper), but think it is what Disney has to do for now with the ride issues... the real question is will they ever figure it out? Or will this be the norm? There is a fine line between "never been done before" and "there is a reason nobody has done this before"... and I feel like both Disney (Rise) and Universal (Potter) are both on that line... at least for now.

So this should be considered the slow season now right? The Slinky Dog Dash line this morning ends at launch bay. This is becoming a daily thing it seems. Guess Rise east is still drawing them in.

I thought this article did a good job of summarizing why boarding groups are honestly the best way for Disney to handle the demand to ride this attraction. I agree with the conclusion that boarding groups while not perfect are there best solution available. I do think that their suggestion that they should have multiple times where boarding groups are available is a good one. That would prevent a large group in the morning. Basically have a certain amount available for the morning, then have another batch around lunch and another batch later in the afternoon that you can adjust on the fly based on capacity and how the ride is running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole and Mushroom
Aparently you have to create a account to read that article. Anyhow, something is going on, dont know what but the total, number of boarding groups seems to be shrinking and they are going faster each day. I saw someone mention groups given out in the morning only went into the 60s the other day and that was during the busy Presidents weekend. I have read some really interesting things the past few days where people in the park are getting friends outside the park to claim really low boarding group numbers for them by being on really stable wifi connections.

Aparently you have to create a account to read that article. Anyhow, something is going on, dont know what but the total, number of boarding groups seems to be shrinking and they are going faster each day. I saw someone mention groups given out in the morning only went into the 60s the other day and that was during the busy Presidents weekend. I have read some really interesting things the past few days where people in the park are getting friends outside the park to claim really low boarding group numbers for them by being on really stable wifi connections.
From what I understood they made each boarding group larger, so while the numbers are fewer it's the same amount of people.

So are they just calling only a group or two at a time now instead of how it seemed before where many group numbers were called up at once?

No I apparently screwed up adding the correct link. I must have been a little groggy still this morning. I have fixed it. Also here is the link again

so what’s the most effective way to get on rise..i was thinking to open the app on the dot..or would it be better to stare at the join button..i’m not sure but i have a party of 7 and i’m stressing 3 weeks before i go about this..

Reactions: Dombot
so what’s the most effective way to get on rise..i was thinking to open the app on the dot..or would it be better to stare at the join button..i’m not sure but i have a party of 7 and i’m stressing 3 weeks before i go about this..
From what I've heard, you need to open the app at the exact time boarding passes open up (I think those times are 10, 12, and 4 but I could be completely wrong), and grab your passes from there. I'd set an alarm a few minutes before the time and just watch the clock, opening the app on the dot.

They actually switched it up again a few days ago.

10am and 2pm are the new times—keep up with the blogs though in case it changes again.

As for strategy, I got boarding group #3 the other day by having the app open and clicking the Join button immediately at 10am. JUST MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS PROPERLY LINKED IN MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE BEFOREHAND AND BE READY TO QUICKLY TAP EVERYONE IN YOUR GROUP AFTER HITTING JOIN—that is the part of the process that normally slows people up I believe. Also make sure you have the very latest MDE app.

Judging by my experience that day though, be warned that Rise operations are still a mess. The ride opened late resulting in my boarding group not being called till around noon (despite being in group 3). When we were eventually called, there was a delay in loading while we waited in line followed by a total shutdown while we were on the ride—resulting in an evac from the escape pod elevator room. They gave us return passes, but when we went to ride later in the day, Rise was, again, down.

To Disney's credit though, despite the park closing like 20 minutes beforehand, DHS got Rise up and running and honored all previously uncalled boarding groups and exit passes from earlier in the day. In fact, they even let one family I saw enter the park after closing so they could use their boarding pass.

PS: Rise photos the mouse doesn't want you to see...

20200718_120658.jpg 20200718_121059.jpg 20200718_121120.jpg 20200718_121106.jpg 20200718_120705.jpg

(The screen looks so white because all the house lights were on—totally washing out the drop sequence screen.)

Last edited:
I’m going to Hollywood Studios for the first time ever on Thursday, August 6th specifically for Rise of the Resistance. I’ve watched so many videos of people not getting a boarding pass. Is Disney doing anything for people that aren’t getting a boarding pass? I know it’s a selfish question, but if I try and join a boarding group immediately at 10 and 2 and still don’t have luck getting in a virtual queue, what’s my next step? Am I screwed? Is my whole group screwed?

I’ve read the forum for years and I know questions like this come off as “needy”. I’m just asking for serious advice and really appreciate any input. I’ve been stressing out since I bought the tickets.

What @Zachary said is in my experience the best way to do it. I do totally completely close the app and restart it right before the time. I have been able to do it multiple times, before and after the COVID shutdown. I recommend having multiple people trying but as soon as someone gets to the point where they are adding names everyone else needs to stop. Then just quickly add everyone to the group.

Right now I haven't seen a lot of people coming that they couldn't get a boarding group. It seems that the lower capacity is making it easier.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad