Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
As long as virtual line is still in place at Rise, FP should not be added. I feel Disney should have a standby line in place like Fallon or Fast & Furious for those who can't make it into the boarding groups at the very least.

I'll say the same about Runaway Railroad. Keep FP off for at least a year, then add it later.
A boarding group system and a standby line would never work together unless they severly limitied the number of boarding groups handed out in a day. If both were used that would only allow people to ride twice in a day, they would still rope drop the park to ride and at the same time grab a boarding pass for a later ride in the day thus making it even harded to ride for some at all. Either Boarding pass or Standby with FP would. FP evenly distributes crowds across the day unless there is extended downtime. Standby and FP will be the way it settles out in the near future. As far as RR I dont see it drwaing the crowds needed to compare to SWGE. It will be a Tier 1 fastpass though if I had to guess.

So it appears there are surveys out asking your preferred choice to ride Rise of the Resistance. There are also rumblings of 1 hour return windows which today has been confirmed by a wdwmagic article. It would appear not everyone is getting the 1 hour return window but something you need to check carefully when you get your return notification. The 1 hour window severely limits the ability to park hop or to rerurn to your resort or even go home untill your time is called and be able to make it back in time. Could this 1 hour window be narrowing times down to being inline with FP+ return windows?

6EFA2E06-BEA8-40E7-9EAC-F646A6985432.jpeg

Got to the park today at 6:50. Got a boarding pass at 7am. Rode all the rides I wanted, burned through 5 FastPasses, and had a lovely meal with my 80 year old mother at H&V. Pretty perfect day at DHS.

That was like our day there last Saturday - we got there at 6:15am and they started letting people tap in at 6:30am (Starbucks sure had a line) but the boarding groups didn't open up until 7:00am. So the advantage of getting there early really turned out to be just being in a better position to rope drop Slinky Dog. When 7:00am hit I started refreshing my MDE app and joined boarding group 13, which was opened at 7:15am and had a 2 hour window.

I personally enjoyed the entire boarding group experience. I see a lot about people complaining they have to be there early, and they couldn't be more wrong.

Everyone shows up early to get in standby for Smuggler's Run. Those who show up early for Rise are mistaken if they think they gain anything from it. Whether or not you show up at 5:00 am or 7:00 am, you have no better chance of getting a boarding group. If you are in the park when the clock strikes 7, hit the button on your phone, that's all.

As for the experience of the ride, it was amazing. Nothing short of amazing. It is a true well-rounded experience. I was very satisfied and made sure to ride it 3 times in the week I was there. Again, just showing up at 7:00 allows me a boarding group, so it wasn't an inconvenience to stop by HS at 6:50ish to get in the park, get a group, and then go to another park while I waited for my group to be called or something. I love the system, it works well. Of course those that join a boarding group and sit around waiting for it to be called will be dissatisfied, they are using the system incorrectly.

Also, pro tip: don't use the wifi. Each time I'd use cellular data and got a group under #20. That wifi gets bogged down fast.

Everyone shows up early to get in standby for Smuggler's Run. Those who show up early for Rise are mistaken if they think they gain anything from it. Whether or not you show up at 5:00 am or 7:00 am, you have no better chance of getting a boarding group. If you are in the park when the clock strikes 7, hit the button on your phone, that's all.

The only thing I'd add to that is to be sure you are there by opening time or very shortly thereafter. I was in boarding group 13 last weekend, but was also there a couple weeks prior and we tapped in at 7:10 and immediately tried to join a boarding group and got group 110 which was a standby group (106 and below were not standby). It turned out that we did get to board and were called at 4:00pm but one of the CMs told us that they have to be conservative with the groups as there are still bugs being worked out and so there's an unpredictable amount of downtime during the day.

I would point out that you do have to get there early enough to be close enough to the front to be through the turnstiles in time. That said, I like the boarding groups, as well.

im going to have a party of 6 so does MDE app ask you how many people or do i just use my account to get a pass?

im going to have a party of 6 so does MDE app ask you how many people or do i just use my account to get a pass?
When the boarding groups open and you click "join boarding group" the next screen will show everyone linked to you in your My Disney Experience account whether they are actually in the park or not. Just select those that are there in your group then click and you will be assigned a number. It will take you a second longer to click the other 5 names but it wont be a big deal.

Reactions: jeffh and DRIFT
so I have to just be in the park because I was planning on buying a ticket without my disney account...so i just need to be in the park?

You need to be in the park and have your My Disney Experience app linked with your ticket/magic bands, that way your group reservation links to your ticket/band for scanning upon entry to the ride. That is also how it determines if you are in the park and eligible to join a group; if your ticket has been scanned upon entry. Everyone in your party must be in the park if you wish to add them to your boarding group.

You may also visit a guest experience kiosk all around to get a pass, but you can safely say that you'll get a terrible group if you so decide to do that since it'll be much slower than the app.

In the park meaning beyond the scanner gates, for clarification.

Reactions: jeffh and Zachary
If you are not the first or second peronn at the Guest Experience team when the boarding passes open it seems most likely you will not get a boarding pass according to what I have read, I personally havent needed to go that route.

so one I buy it i just connect my ticket through the app and im all good?

A good way for you to test that everything is setup right ahead of time is to try to prebook FastPasses for all the people you’re going to try to book a boarding group for day of. As long as you can book a FastPass for all of those people and everyone in question is in the park by opening, you should be good.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad