Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 24, 2009
Twelve minutes after park opening yesterday and Slinky Dog Dash line went almost to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. While this weekend will be back to high crowd numbers this week is considered the slow season so it looks like Rise of the Resistance is still drawing big numbers. It will be interesting to see how crowds and wait times go at Disneyland in comparison.

6AFBC4D4-507E-4EAB-8217-B0EFEA02374F.png

• Wow
Reactions: Unagi and Nicole
Apr 9, 2013
The crowd charts say today would be a busy day anyhow with it being a Friday going into a 3 day weekend. I'm sure Rise is adding extra bodies but I probably wouldn't deem this abnormal.

Reactions: Nicole and BGWnut
Nov 24, 2009
That photo was from yesterday, the uptick in crowds for this holiday weekend are today (friday), saturday, Sunday and Monday with a drop back low next week. The Slinky line has hovered to about the DVC booth all week with past One Mans Dream being the longest I have seen since Rise opened.

Nov 24, 2009
Yes it’s a busy holiday weekend.....but having to go to Launch Bay to find the end of the line for Slinky Dog Dash? I would say Rise is a success in getting people to the park!

777D0F5F-21BD-45B9-A532-AF1C2071D539.png

• Wow
Reactions: BGWnut
Aug 19, 2013
I have a friend that was there today and said they woke up at 5 and the boarding groups closed by 7:02. I know it is a holiday weekend but That seems very fast. They did say that they were able to ride.

Nov 24, 2009
Yes, it is a holiday weekend but it does not seem to be getting much better. There may be a slight slowdown here for the next few weeks but once Spring Break hits and the higher crowds of the dining and room discounts it doesnt look like things will be back to normal anytime soon. I did our plan for July 4th a couple days ago and basically wriote off HS in the mornings. We have done Rise and while I would like to do it some more its not worth the effort for it or anything else in the morning. We planned in more nights and I figure with using the one fastpass a day and jumping in line just before park close we can ride what we want still. Runaway Railroad will only make things in the morning worse.

Sep 24, 2018
It also looks like they have redone the tiers and most of the park is now tier 2.

Nov 24, 2009
Yes, they needed to go back to this so bad so glad its finally done. Just making a complete guess but I bet there are FP for Rise by Spring Break. Its bound to be costing a fortune paying castmembers that are having to be at work so early in the morning not to mention running busses so early and the many other changes that have been made.

Sep 24, 2018
I don't think we are looking at rise coming that early. I think Rise going to fp will be contingent on how popular Mickey and Minnie's runaway railway is when it opens in March.

Edit: it is possible however. If it really popular that they could it around the middle of March for the spring break weeks. That would be a similar timeline to this. But I think that's still unlikely.

Reactions: mountaineers
Nov 24, 2009
I don't think we are looking at rise coming that early. I think Rise going to fp will be contingent on how popular Mickey and Minnie's runaway railway is when it opens in March.
Ive heard some rumblings that the boarding group system takes a considerable amount of people to run daily in addition to the guest experience teams and then guest relations being bombarded daily and once it goes to FP that will all go away. I think we will see it sooner than later.

Sep 24, 2018
Ive heard some rumblings that the boarding group system takes a considerable amount of people to run daily in addition to the guest experience teams and then guest relations being bombarded daily and once it goes to FP that will all go away. I think we will see it sooner than later.
Yes it takes a lot of labor but you would probably use a similar level of labor with the line being 5-6 hours and you would still get a lot of people rope dropping in hopes of riding. Then you would have all the people still going to guest relations complaining about how the wait is too long and they can't ride it because they can't wait in a line that long and they can never get FP. It's plainly false to think that all the labor magically guess away because of FP. Might it reduced it some? Yes but it doesn't go away and I'm certain that Disney understands that.

Nov 24, 2009
I really do not think there would be a 5-6 hour line if they did FP+ and stanby or FP and boarding pass. I really think half the hype right now is the fact that the info out there is that its so hard to get a boarding pass. If you look around the only thing you hear people talk about of the ride is getting a boarding pass, not the fact that the AT-ATs were massive, or the ride system was so fluid. Its all about the hype. Another things is the websites, bloggers, vloggers and locals that are there every day. Granted that is a drop in the bucket but it still adds to the total number of people daily. As far as staffing the queue, right now there are many times the queue has overrun the queue and additional queue has gone back to Basline or further, so they already are staffing for that. In addition how many people are there just scanning boarding passes, from what I have seen theres generally around 10 people there. You have 2-3 you first encounter asking what boarding group you are in, then another 3-4 scanning bands, then a couple that seem to just be standing there answering questions in addition to a couple plaids and guest experience team members. You will also notice they are already staffing the FP merge point. I never said that the labor magically goes away but the backend IT definately costs more than the CP program kids that are manning the queues.

Sep 24, 2018
You did say that it will all go away though.
They will still use a lot of labor. It's just not factual to think that they would save a significant amount of labor. If you think that the line wouldn't be 5-6 hours and that there still wouldn't be a large group rope dropping you are kidding yourself. We only need to look at how many people are coming into the park for a boarding group and then how long it takes them to get through. Will every single person that currently comes in the AM still come at opening? No but they might. Especially because of the lines this would create.

But we get it you don't like the boarding groups and it doesn't matter how many times it is explained that it makes sense and is actually a really great solution to the problem. You still think traditional FPs are the way to go. But if you think that with FoP still consistently getting 3 hours easily a lot of days that Rise wouldn't get significantly closer to 5 hours then I think you are wrong.

Nov 24, 2009
You did say that it will all go away though.
They will still use a lot of labor. It's just not factual to think that they would save a significant amount of labor. If you think that the line wouldn't be 5-6 hours and that there still wouldn't be a large group rope dropping you are kidding yourself. We only need to look at how many people are coming into the park for a boarding group and then how long it takes them to get through. Will every single person that currently comes in the AM still come at opening? No but they might. Especially because of the lines this would create.

But we get it you don't like the boarding groups and it doesn't matter how many times it is explained that it makes sense and is actually a really great solution to the problem. You still think traditional FPs are the way to go. But if you think that with FoP still consistently getting 3 hours easily a lot of days that Rise wouldn't get significantly closer to 5 hours then I think you are wrong.
What I was referring to was all the people on the backend for the boarding pass system and the guest experience teams. The GET didnt start till a good while afyter the park opened before Rise. In fact when we did the SWGE preview we had a band that didnt show up the event even though I had the printed copy. I had to wait about 15 minutes for them to get there because they didnt start at park open, and at the time that was 9am.

Now lets talk about FOP. If Animal Kingdom started using boarding broups for FOP they would be in the same boat as DHS right now. The fact is when the park opens people rush to FOP if thats what they want to ride, they get in line and depending on when they got to the park and how effichently they made their way to Pandora is when they will ride. If you want to ride Everest, or Safari or whatever there is hardly a line in the morning.

Now here is the change that as of today and the 19th that will make this all fine as far as im concerned at DHS. They have finally moved ToT, Toy and RnRC off tier 1. So now you can plan ahead and get a FP+ for Slinky, Toy and Tower and rope drop RnRC and basically be able to ride all the rides on a single day with no waits. That was my whole bitch......you could not just rope drop the park and get to ride more than one thing a day without a long wait. The only other way to spread the people out and not have tons of people there at opening flooding the park was to change over to FP+.

As far as im concerned the current boarding group system with the changes in FP+ are fine with me. When MMRR opens it will be tier one as well which is fine.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Fastpass+ is now avaliable for Smugglers Run starting Feb 19th, in the same information they do mention FP+ for Rise coming in the future.

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping they'd wait at least a year before adding any of the Star Wars attractions to FP+. Smuggler's has single rider at least.

I'm not a huge fan of them putting FP on a hot ticket ride too early. That'll just drive up the already hour long wait for standby the ride normally gets to 2-3 hours. I am glad to see Tower and Coaster back down to tier 2 FP so I don't have to decide between choosing one or the other when booking.

If anything, keep Smuggler's and Slinky for tier 1 so you don't have a huge influx of people overbooking both and everything else in the park is tier 2-3 like it used to be.

Reactions: Zachary and BGWnut
Nov 24, 2009
Quite a few of the large Disney websites published articles on the anouncement of FP+ coming to Smugglers Run this past week. In the articles was discussion on it coming to Rise of the Resistance to even include official statements from Disney on FP+ coming to Rise, not a matter of if but when it will happen. Some even juggled the numbers and compared it to Flight of Passage as far as how it will affect the standby queue or wait times for boarding groups. Some discussions also included the change in Tiers and how the Runaway Railroad may play into the FP system in the very near future. Ive said it above and ill stick to it, FP+ is needed for Rise and the boarding group system either needs to go away or vastly change to make the way mornings go at DHS. I think a hourly system would work, say open boarding groups every hour on the hour for 1 hour later. If you dont get in try again the next hour. So for example you arrive at 3:40pm, at 4 pm boarding groups for the 5-6pm window opens. Once you get a boarding group that day you can not try for another.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
As long as virtual line is still in place at Rise, FP should not be added. I feel Disney should have a standby line in place like Fallon or Fast & Furious for those who can't make it into the boarding groups at the very least.

I'll say the same about Runaway Railroad. Keep FP off for at least a year, then add it later.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad