Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kentucky Kingdom has announced that they will unveil their new addition for 2019 on Friday September 21. I don't really have any idea what this might be. I do think that the park is probably due for a brand new coaster in the next season or two.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm actually really looking forward to this announcement. A unique-for-the-region flat or just about any coaster would both be big wins in my book.

A wooden coaster themed to flying.... that's... interesting.

Well. At least I can say this looks like it'd be a fine little family ride.

Reactions: SLC Headache
It's certainly not what I was expecting, but in hindsight, I probably should have been. This looks like an excellent addition to Kentucky Kingdom and, truthfully, I don't think the announcement was overshadowed by the hype either. For a park the size of Kentucky Kingdom, a Gravity Group version of White Lightning seems like a big win.

Height restriction on the Timberliners used to be 42 inches but last year I confirmed with the VP of Engineering with SEAS that Gravity Group updated the trains to be more accomodating for smaller kids. This was around when Sesame Place announced Oscar's Wacky Taxi.

Coaster Studios' Instagram page has been following the issue and is encouraging people to reach out to Kentucky governor Matt Bevin and Lousiville Mayor Greg Fischer in an attempt to get them to pressure the fair board, since this is how Kentucky Kingdom was brought back in the first place. I recommend checking out the posts if you want to get caught up on the issue from the side and statements of Ed Hart.

Let's hope this all goes well, I feel bad for that poor park being bullied by that fair board all the time. Coaster Studios' documentary on Kentucky Kingdom is also very good and informational, if you want more background on where this conflict stems from.

Looks like Hart's ultimatum paid off: Kentucky Flyer has been cleared for takeoff! After Kentucky Kingdom cries foul, state approves land for new coaster

Personally, I have mad respect for Ed Hart's passion and relentless dedication for his park's success. You can hear the emotion and strength in his voice; he is a smart, politically minded man who knows what he wants and how to get it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad