Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I haven't been to WaterCountryUSA in two years specifically because they haven't done anything new. We went several times after Colossal Curl, and this is exactly the product I can be on board with, if true. Could not agree more with everything you said about recycling and maximizing. I've always been aboard the SEAS train, sometimes driving it for my group of friends when bigger and better things have come up within the same radius of distance. This is actually the type of attraction I wanted to see after the membership rate hike. More money in the pot leads to some seriously impressive additions. If this is all true from 2019 additions at both parks and Madrid, it makes it all worth it. I know, I know, these projects could be years in the making, but my friend's don't know that! ?

Reactions: Zachary
I've always really enjoyed meltdown, and am sad to see it go. However, I strongly agree with the point in Zach's writing regarding this being a wise utilization of resources. The money saved by reusing the tower, splash pool, and slide return are getting us what looks to be an exciting and innovative water coaster that SEAS wouldn't be able to prudently invest in otherwise. This is a great decision by park/SEAS leadership.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
I've always really enjoyed meltdown, and am sad to see it go. However, I strongly agree with the point in Zach's writing regarding this being a wise utilization of resources. The money saved by reusing the tower, splash pool, and slide return are getting us what looks to be an exciting and innovative water coaster that SEAS wouldn't be able to prudently invest in otherwise. This is a great decision by park/SEAS leadership.

Considering the similar nature between Meltdown's tubes and what its replacement's are going to be there also won't be too much change in the rider guidelines. It's almost a flawless Meltdown 2.0 update.

Great article BGW Fans!!! This is very exciting to me. I love the fact that WCUSA is reusing of Meltdown's features. Like said, it will cut the costs down, but it will also cut the installation time down since they won't have to install a new raft system, splash pool, and decking.

When I first heard that a project may be in the works for 2019, I was secretly hoping one of the many kiddie areas would be on the chopping block or something was planned for the forgotten area around the theater / Rampage area. Maybe in a few years.... I'll definitely take this new attraction!

What I really like this placement/replacement is that they won't be just bulldozing an area that's been untouched to put in this ProSlide. To me part of what gives WCUSA a leg up over SC and Boardwalk is the foliage. There's plenty of shade, especially on the paths, and you can walk around barefoot without a problem!!

Although if any of you do suffer from that:
https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Sticker-Flexible-Invisible-Waterproof/dp/B073XL94Z6?th=1

Those things are amazing.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad