Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
How are the flying saucer turns different from regular turns? To me they just look like a lot of unutlized space

Tighter turn, the forces are a bit different. It’s hard to explain without riding.

Imagine taking a helix on a coaster and not having so much axis rotation inward. Kinda like the turn on Invadrs peak between the lift hill and the drop. Different feeling force.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Tighter turn, the forces are a bit different. It’s hard to explain without riding.

Imagine taking a helix on a coaster and not having so much axis rotation inward. Kinda like the turn on Invadrs peak between the lift hill and the drop. Different feeling force.
I think what @DJTLG was getting at was the fact that there is part of the slide on the inside portion of the turn that is unused since you go around the outside of raidus. I was wondering the same tbh. Just an oddly shaped element.

Reactions: Jesy
It's my impression that the center bits of the FlyingSAUCER turns are almost entirely for visuals. As far as I know, they serve no practical purpose.

Something to think about: That series of three FlyingSAUCER turns back to back will be nearly at eye level with the path in front of the ride. It should look really awesome.

The open disk part is certainly visual.

There is another reason for it like that and I’m trying to remember if it’s cost or water flow related.

Reactions: Nicole and Adam
The open disk part is certainly visual.

There is another reason for it like that and I’m trying to remember if it’s cost or water flow related.
The more I think about it I realize it might be (don't quote me on this) for structural stability. Looks like they have internal piers with a truss structure connecting the slide to the piers. I believe that it would resist the outward forces exerted from the fast turns better than just a pier connected to a regular slide piece.

As I asked for BGW's Project 2019...

Aside from name, theme, etc what do you all still want to know about this addition? Anything? No question is too "in the weeds."

I ask because I'm working on yet another 2019 article and I want to make sure I cover everything people want to know.

As I asked for BGW's Project 2019...

Aside from name, theme, etc what do you all still want to know about this addition? Anything? No question is too "in the weeds."

I ask because I'm working on yet another 2019 article and I want to make sure I cover everything people want to know.
Ride capacity both max load snd single rider/minimum load.

Will height requirements change?
Any weight limits per raft.

Both of these questions will likely be answered by BGW and ProSlide taking this specific attraction into consideration. Sadly, can't answer either of those yet. ?

Will the entrance still be “within” the Vanish Point queue?

Definitely looks that way to me. ?

Anyway, with those answered...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cutback strikes me as a very generic name... But I guess that is the trend with Water Country USA these days. ?

I like the color scheme and logo though. And a mediocre name isn't going to keep me from expecting this slide to be excellent.

Not gonna lie, I keep reading "Cutback" as "Outback" and imagining riding this thing on a giant steak.

But I agree, it looks like it's going to be a really good slide!!!

Press release:

MmyMWDKSYqllXSZt520R81yswgPunfp6k7IUUaH3XVat38OroBt_bQxi7k9Hu4j3_obKKE8uUibU56Ij6GF-xG8AZMLlIhioZrarYZVTipc58FcCzhm5s5j7ZkcCQ8EIhSsnNRDGjWjYQ18kfrX3Tsfk2sKR4Rh_VJCFi8FZYsKMACE=s0-d-e1-ft
BUSCH GARDENS® AND WATER COUNTRY USA®
TO DEBUT EXHILARATING NEW ATTRACTIONS IN 2019

A Screamin’ Swing and a Water Coaster Set the Thrills Stage in 2019

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (Sept. 5, 2018) – Today, Busch Gardens® Williamsburg and Water Country USA® revealed exciting details about two new thrill attractions set to open in spring 2019. Busch Gardens will unveil a Screamin’ Swing ride called Finnegan’s Flyer™ and Water Country USA will debut Cutback Water Coaster™, Virginia’s first hybrid water coaster.

“We’re committed to providing new and unique experiences for our guests year after year, and these two new attractions are unlike any we’ve ever had at the parks,” said Kevin Lembke, president of Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA.

“We know our guests love big thrills, and these two attractions will deliver just that.”

[Removed Finnegan’s Flyer section, which can be found here.]
9Dap8fxJlrGq2tswLAGlPwM3hn2fZwRQDgrovdPYqlf3u454k6eJv320nYCmSS5C29jSmDU9l6Ywwo29S5HCf1q9ds_MBXWalba95VNvpuB7dSp-riE5Brd_vazvbsvJvrww2hEsDS9nLPefcBRcaYGM4sG4P9JRzHZ-8H1SQcN8WjQ=s0-d-e1-ft

About Cutback Water Coaster
Cutback Water Coaster™, the only RocketBLAST® coaster on the East Coast and Virginia’s first hybrid water coaster, is coming to Water Country USA®. This revolutionary water propulsion ride will merge two unique technologies – a water jet propulsion system and exhilarating saucer feature. With the RocketBlast technology, Cutback will drive bigger boats, at higher speeds, and move riders up longer, steeper inclines. Thrill-seekers will board a four-person raft, speed along an 856 ft. slide, jet through tunnels and slide onto the wide-open space of massive saucer-shaped features. The steep angles of the saucers provide a drop-and-dive sensation as riders race along the edges. Cutback Water Coaster features the latest in turbine technology and takes water propulsion coasters to a whole new level with heart-stopping turns, lightning-fast drops and thrilling speeds.

Busch Gardens has created an assortment of unique attractions in recent years. InvadR™, the park’s first wooden roller coaster, debuted in 2017 and a revolutionary virtual reality ride Battle For Eire™ opened in 2018.

With the addition of Finnegan’s Flyer and Cutback Water Coaster, the Williamsburg theme parks continue to demonstrate their commitment of investing in new, innovative experiences year after year. For more information on the new attractions, visit buschgardens.com/vaparks2019/.

Still to come in 2018
  • Howl-O-Scream™ - Busch Gardens is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its hair-raising Howl-O-Scream event this year and 2018 promises to be the scariest year ever with new haunted houses, party zones, Terror-tories™, bars and a new escape room. Open select dates from Sept. 15 through Oct. 28.
  • Christmas Town™ - the world’s most beautiful theme park is one of the largest Christmas light displays in North America with more than 8 million lights. Festive food and drink, holiday shopping and heart-warming shows make the spirit of the season come alive. Open select dates from Nov. 17 through Jan. 5, 2019.
Guests can visit both parks and easily experience both new attractions by purchasing one of the parks’ Membership Plans. For as low as $12 a month, guests can make unlimited visits to Busch Gardens, including the popular Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town events, and Water Country USA for the entire year.

About SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter, and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 33,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.

SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens®, Aquatica®, Sesame Place®and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 50-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The Company's theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.
xmNAzaLepT2CVf86NEnECPmWo8u_Tu0oNtAzADCN30wf1bC0dvPufPfel8QVR3Fc5eCUjcNbvulswqQ4fteUWrpW8MbVZTxdAjiNmdoBFPZ-=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great upgrade from Meltdown, and a very resourceful addition for WCUSA considering the surging popularity of water coasters with the recent additions from Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Hersheypark.

They still want WCUSA to be one of the top water parks in the nation, and I hope this ride plays out the way they want it to.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad