Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Project 2018: RMC Hurler

Kings dominion now has it on the front page of the website for anyone to look at.
https://www.kingsdominion.com/explore/twisted-timbers

Also these trains look stunning.

Considering the ride's "story" is based in the 1950's, the Juke Box Diner, Ricochet, and WindSeeker's neon do make sense. I'm sure they'll blend it in well.

Take what you can get with the theming attempts, as this is the park who put a NASCAR themed ride in the Congo section of the park next to an Area 51 UFO themed ride just 8 years ago.

Personally, I love the theme and the attempt to try and fit it in the area, while also giving the ride its own identity. I also love the look of the station from what I have seen!

This looks amazing! Personally, it is even better than I imagined. Between the overbank replacing the first turn and those very small airtime "humps", this is going to much more wild than the POV makes it seem.

Side note: I'm getting Ripley's Haunted Adventure vibes from the station's new theming and I'm thrilled to say that considering this is Cedar Fair.
ripleys-haunted-adventure-415x311.jpg

They really put effort into that station exterior... [/sarcasm]

^ It's a rendering, I think Cedar Fair's recent additions of rides like Mystic Timbers' "shed", Banshee's station, etc. prove they'll put more effort into it than what is shown on the POV and off-ride videos.

Reactions: jornor and Mushroom

So the theme and story appear to be virtually a carbon copy of KI's Mystic Timbers just slightly adjusted to fit in Candy Apple Grove.

Also, from the press release, with the Orchard being on "the edge of town" I think that the 1950s midway/diner will stay, hopefully updated a bit for the new ride.

Reactions: jornor

So... Looking at the birdseye view, it would appear that the old exterior queue is being removed all together and guests will now enter through the original exit and the entire queue will be housed inside the station? Also, is the old station getting a new brick facade?

Wait, is that second turnaround a cutback? Will now be the first cutback in Virginia since Drachen Fire.

MAZ said:
What's the minimum height requirement? I can't find it listed.
If Steel Vengeance is 48", this should be too.

Reactions: jornor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad