Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Attraction Type
Dark Ride
Attraction Status
Existing
Aug 27, 2010
Probably gonna be located to JP. There is also a rumor I received from a very valuable source that says Tranformers in some capacity is headed to the studios, ramblings of this has been confirmed by a few other insiders with their own sources...

RE: Expansion to IOA (Not potter) 2013-2014

Not that I don't believe you, but I can't call this a fact unless there's a source or link or something. You got anything like that?

Haberdasher1973 said:
Odd that Transformers would go into IOA and not Universal Studios...

I said "Transformers is apparently headed towards the studios".

And I'm not stating this as fact, more of a rumor... But its one I have good indication of that it's happening... You are just gonna have to take my word for it, or disregard it.

J0E1 said:
Not that I don't believe you, but I can't call this a fact unless there's a link or source or something. You got anything like that?

Um, again: DO YOU HAVE SOURCE TO PROVE IT?

I apoligize for using all caps, but I NEED proof!

Call me Mr. Skeptical ;) . I believe you, but I just need to see it for myself.

And I'm not stating this as fact, more of a rumor... But its one I have good indication of that it's happening... You are just gonna have to take my word for it, or disregard it.

I hate quoting myself, but...

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
RE: [Rumor] Expansion to IOA (Not potter) 2013-2014

Youhow's post is about on point. There is a very good reason an attraction far from WWoHP is in the demo stage with grading for its replacement already approved by SFWM.

Let's revive this old thread. Expansions in the next few years.
Studios:
2013-Transformers, Soundstage 44...things are FLYING
2014(15) Potter2, Amity...everything is gone, leveled and just ready
IOA
2014-Potter2, next to Sindbad will be the train station, under dragons
2015-Seuss Landing expansion, with Grinch coaster possible
2016?-Marvel repurposed....Disney and Marvel are close to pulling out of the IOA contract, and are rumored to be dumping a lot of money into it. Making it worth Universal's while to unload it...somewhere close to a billion just to let them have it. They want a fifth gate at Disney BAD...though they may settle to have it in Anaheim.

J0E1 said:
Not that I don't believe you, but I can't call this a fact unless there's a source or link or something. You got anything like that?

And I know it's four months later...but hows this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiZDIYDDaN8

yaytez said:
2014-Potter2, next to Sindbad will be the train station, under dragons

Hopefully they have a Gringotts themed coaster in that area in the near future.

2016?-Marvel repurposed....Disney and Marvel are close to pulling out of the IOA contract, and are rumored to be dumping a lot of money into it. Making it worth Universal's while to unload it...somewhere close to a billion just to let them have it. They want a fifth gate at Disney BAD...though they may settle to have it in Anaheim.

Where exactly will they have another gate at the Disneyland Resort? That place is landlocked and full as it is.

yaytez said:

1) They are no talks even closely resembling to DIS acquiring the rights back from Marvel. Not in low levels, high levels, any levels. It is fanboi banter and heresay going around the net.

2)WDW has more issue going on that the slightest thought of a fifth gate right. Expect to see DHS get a new attraction, possibly land, before Pandora/Blue People/Savethe Earth is even open.

3)Even in Anaheim there is no serious discussion of a Marvel park OR land. Not happening or at least quite for some while. DLR just came out of a massive overhaul with another E-ticket about to be built in TLand out there with ANOTHER possible E-Ticket headed there.

Unagi said:
Hopefully they have a Gringotts themed coaster in that area in the near future.

Where exactly will they have another gate at the Disneyland Resort? That place is landlocked and full as it is.

Expect to see Gringott's for NeedsToShave Potter Part Duece.

Will potter2 be themed as diogan ally instead of hogsmeade? Im okay with no marval as long as they keep the incredible hulk coaster, just retheme it. Will grinch coaster be kiddy coaster?

It isn't even known if Grinch will happen, it's just a long standing rumor that got taken back off the shelf. All I know is murmers of Zierer are happening for something, probably the Gringott's coaster. By the way they already have hogsmeade, no need for two of them.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973

smitty915 said:
Will potter2 be themed as diogan ally instead of hogsmeade? Im okay with no marval as long as they keep the incredible hulk coaster, just retheme it.

That's what I've been hearing regarding Potter: the former Amity area will become the London waterfront, Diagon Alley & King's Cross Station.

Regarding Marvel, I also hear it's safe for now... but I've heard they have potential re-theme plans ready just in case.

a diogan ally would have great shopping. and the leaky cauldron could be used as the restaurant/bar for the area a gringotts coaster would most likely be themed after going from vault to vault on the mine train cars and running into dragons, it would most likely be a revenge of the mummy type ride.

Haberdasher1973 said:
smitty915 said:
Will potter2 be themed as diogan ally instead of hogsmeade? Im okay with no marval as long as they keep the incredible hulk coaster, just retheme it.

That's what I've been hearing regarding Potter: the former Amity area will become the London waterfront, Diagon Alley & King's Cross Station.

Regarding Marvel, I also hear it's safe for now... but I've heard they have potential re-theme plans ready just in case.

I'll get a pm out to you before nights out regarding marvel. Grinch coaster has no solid plans as of right now to actually be built. It's on the rumor table with lorax and some others

I would expect a kid oriented announcement soon. Possibly tomorrow? I have not asked an exact date on when you would hear but plans I have heard say an expansion for the young ones will come.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad