Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sadly the transfer track for disability access is causing some issues, including shutdowns. That's a shame since it seems like such a good idea in theory.

Another problem seems to be with alignment in relation to the spinning. I really hope they can fix this. Most shutdowns don't take very long to recover from, but any shutdown is inconvenient.

Fur Dozy, you're lucky because it broke down twice when I've ridden.

CC is overhyped to be honest... it's shocking coming from a Tampa local, but it doesn't feel like Busch quality. Theming is top-notch & has air conditioning (a concept that all queues should have), but the ride portion could've been designed better. Granted that it is a family attraction, but there's several elements that could've been modified.

Mako outdid CC as far as park by park comparison, but that's just my opinion.

I don't know what more I could ask out of something billed as a family coaster. Calling Cheetah Hunt or Verbolten "family coasters" is really pushing it in my opinion. Sure, they might not be as thrilling as some other rides, but Cobra's Curse is a much better step up from Air Grover than Cheetah Hunt.

When comparing this to Mako, the concept art didn't let me down when brought into reality. I don't really get many "thrills" from this ride, but it is delivering on the "experience" side, in a way that no other BGT ride does for me.

Although some of the theatrics are a bit cheesy, I think it fits this ride. They fulfilled all of my expectations for the theming/show elements. That's what matters to me, because I didn't expect a thrill ride. The elevator is amazing though.

Rode cobras curse 3 times today with no wait(wonder why lol), great ride with great theming, but didn't get as much spinning as I hoped for.

Also, shouldn't this ride have a thread in the attraction forums now?

Yes, it should.... I have been meaning to reorganize & add new content, such as a section for CC though I am not authorized to edit some things as of yet. Will DM admins soon regarding this proposal

I rode Cobra's Curse a little less than a month ago and was extremely impressed with the addition. Probably the best thing SEAS has done in the past five years.

When the attraction was first announced I thought it seemed like a cool addition, but due to the lack of details I wasn't anxiously waiting for details. The theming was a concern as SEAS has had very contrasting art styles in some of it's recent additions. For example, Verbolten the office scene, station, and bridge are fairly realistic looking whereas the event show building has cartoon cut outs that are lit up. I was concerned from the original concept art how this almost "cartoonish" snake icon would fit in the Egypt section of the park which has a very specific style aiming for realisim. However, much to my suprise the ride tucks into the section of the park like it has been there since the 90's when Montu opened complementing the area.

Upon arrival in the parking lot eyes are locked on the vertical elevator lift with the snake king glaring at passengers with cars then whizzing down the spinning section seconds later giving an incredible kinetic off-ride effect. Entering the Egypt area I was more than fascinated by the way the ride fit into the surrounding area. The entrance has an enticing sign with a chunk of the snake icon holding up the sign. This first section of the queue sets the tone with a small archaeological dig site. This felt very similar to the A.U.R.A theme done for the Unearthed houses which is a good thing as it was pulled off very nicely. The queue then goes down a hallway with ancient markings on the walls, notes from some of the dig site crews on the walls, and cracks and the ceiling along with the heavenly blast of AC. Surprisingly, the queue goes back outside for a small set of switch backs partially covered. This allows for viewing of the ride vehicles coming back whizzing into the brakes showing off the technology off the vehicle. This final section of outdoor queue has a pit of sand in the center with computers showing the name of the dig site company V.I.S.E and various pieces of equipment laying around along with notes refrencing the SWP&E Conservation Fund.

Entering the true indoor portion of the queue starts off with a mine shaft esque entrance leading into the first major room. All eyes are drawn on the snake exhibit that appears at first to have no barrier. The snake exhibit has a very vibrant design with colors popping in the dark room. I found it slightly dissapointing that this being the only true interaction with snakes throughout the whole experience that there wasn't more time to view them or another exhibit later on in some of the more barren hallways. In the center of the room is a crate with a light on the inside releasing rays of redness on the floor. Above this are candles that have been aged that are flickering. There's also a white board listing details on the snakes and the backstory in the corner. Next are two darkened hallways with metal sheets on the side along with more notes. This section was dark and claustrophobic, however it was lacking any way to tell the story of the attraction. The final room was the projection mapping room which was extremely cool. Although, it did appear to be slightly off on the snake king which was a slight bummer. While my group was in the room it only happened once before going and right again before leaving. Maybe having some more smaller scale projections on the hieroglyphics could fix this problem. Also, for anyone looking for Easter Eggs theres a crate saying Morrow in the pit in front of the snake king.

Moving onto the station I thought the constantly loading platform was genius as it kept the line moving at a consistent pace. The ride starts off with two small rooms with snake eyes glaring at the ride vehicles. Similar to Verbolten the ride is very audio driven with speakers located throughout the ride. As we ascended the vertical lift I was blown away at how seamlessly the ride vehicle did this. Unlike JTA at SWSD and other elevator lefts the ride vehicles almost shifts from side to side rather than tilt. Reaching the top was an extremely overwhelming visual experience in a positive way. Giraffes could be seen roaming the Savannah, Montu was roaring by, and the snake king was beaming at the ride vehicle.

The vehicle leaves the lift tilts out toward to the snake king narrowly missing it. The train then dives into a hill that felt slightly smaller and delivered similar forces to Verbolten's final plunge to the Rhine. Moving on the cars rocket up a small hill that turns into a helix. Reaching the MCBR audio comes back into the experience as the cars turn around surprising many. The backwards helix had some very interesting forces and didn't even remotely come close to nauseating even me due to the shirt time. The transition from this to the lift hill feels so natural with no choppiness or whiplash. Diving back down the train is whipped into the spinning section with a few over banks that give an awesome floating sensation. The ride ends with an tilted S-bend that goes underground giving some nice lateral forces. The train then curves around the brakes and back into the station.

All in all Cobra's Curse is a phenomenal experience. While it definitely could've benefited from a small indoor section to help further explain the story on the backwards section or even enclosing the brake run into a show scene I think the audio provides a decent platform of story telling on a coaster. My only issue were due to the heavy ride vehicles with the controlled spinning mechanism the ride does have a very minimal rattle. Other than that this is a very solid addition to the park. This is a great starter coaster for those who may not be ready for the inversions found on Cheetah Hunt or Scorpion. If you're visiting Orlando, I would highly recommend making the trek down to Tampa to experience this.

9/10

It also has lower capacity.

Not by much. Seven Dwarves being the most popular ride in MK generates capacity issues with everyone trying to ride it - from the smallest of kids who just meet the height requirement to their elderly grandma that may need ADA assistance to board. The last several times I've ridden it the train stalled somewhere along one of the blocks and the very last time I rode it I was stuck on the brake run for 20 minutes and had to listen to the Silly Song over and over until I was able to get off.

Last edited:
Sounds like she valleyed again....
Did this happen last weekend? Asking as we were at BGT Monday and Cobra was closed. To top it off, Cheetah was running two trains but only using one station, and when we headed over to Cheetah after riding Iron Gwazi twice at rope drop, the wait for Cheetah was already at 60 minutes. We skipped Cheetah, saw that Cobra was closed, and walked onto Montu, although surprisingly it was single train ops. Crowds kept pouring in so we pulled the rip cord on BGT at 1 pm, headed back to Orlando, and got a couple hours in at Aquatica.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad