Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Project 2015: 156ft Tall Festa Italia Attraction

Crackel said:
Party Rocker said:
A soil test is scheduled for by Apollo's Chariot, as mentioned in the permits. I'm not sure but I think they may have something else planned by the theater.

Have two different project in the works?

I dont see where a soil test is scheduled in the permits. Only thing i see is the scheduled balloon test.

The depicted permit is for a HEIGHT WAIVER from the county. The permit has nothing to do with soil testing.

There are so many possibilities, at this point in time, that it could be the tallest Dippin Dots stand in the world.

Given the location of the height waiver permit, I just threw out a possibility for a large flat ride such as a Giant Discovery. It could very well be a coaster whose highest point will be located parallel to Apollo's lift hill. It could be a recreation of Apollo's commode for all we know at this point.

Given how far out this possible attraction is to opening; you guys will probably run this topic so far into the ground that you will have to speak fluent Chinese to continue this conversation. :)

mwhinva said:
Given how far out this possible attraction is to opening; you guys will probably run this topic so far into the ground that you will have to speak fluent Chinese to continue this conversation. :)

好点mwhinva!它应该是庆祝他从中国回来后。

Good point mwhinva! It is supposed to celebrate Marco Polo's return from China after all.

Party Rocker said:
Marketing just needs to grab the tiger by the tail with this one!

Hahaha, I get it-tiger by the tail-'cause the Gwasi Tiger is closed...lol.

Or was that just a coincidence? :)

Party Rocker said:
Of course I305 catches peoples attention. When people hear flat ride, it doesn't necessarily scream thrilling or exciting. Now depending on the type of flat ride, how it is named and themed, it would peak some interest. Roller coasters are typical, people could be looking for new thrills. Something that they don't fully understand.

I'm pullin out now before its too late.

Anyone know how much of a draw the Crypt/Tomb Raider was when it first opened? I recall its being hyped as an Exciting! New! Thrill Ride!

Shane said:
It was exquisitely themed when it opened.

Yes. I recall. The point of my question was that there are data addressing whether a flat can bring in guests. I was wondering if anyone has the stats.

Flats can bring in guests, just not on a similar level as a new roller coaster. Drop towers are technically flat rides, and there was a lot of buzz and marketing hype around KD's installation several years back. Mach Tower, on the other hand, didn't differentiate itself from Drop Tower. It seemed too similar, and it wasn't even as tall, which could have compensated. Whatever flat Busch chooses to put in needs to be unique to the region and have some kind of compelling element or draw. If not, this new attraction won't spark much new business.

Zachary said:
Really this entire discussion doesn't matter because, unless something massive changes between now and 2015, the park will completely fumble the marketing of the ride and it'll flop no matter how amazing it is.

Oh my god. Shut the ((expletive)) up. I ((expletive)) hate that attitude and if that's really how you feel then stop devoting so much time to this forum. You're supposed to be exciting people here and providing information, not minimizing everything and immediately dismissing ideas. There's a way to be constructive, critical, and truthful without purposefully disheartening the people you need to enthuse to stay here.

Phew.

Okay. Also, that ride fits really, really nicely where Zach put it. I don't think it's too cramped at all. While I definitely want a roller coaster, I think a flat is reasonable. We've been saying Busch needs flats for forever, but meh. I would much prefer another coaster.

CarterGee said:
I ((expletive)) hate that attitude and if that's really how you feel then stop devoting so much time to this forum.

It is what it is. Quality is in heavy decline. SEAS as a whole is hurting. This is across the company. Now if SWO would just pay their construction bills so grievances are not filed against them anymore. Parks cannot properly maintain their rides within the company. Writing is on the walls.

CarterGee said:
You're supposed to be exciting people here and providing information, not minimizing everything and immediately dismissing ideas.

Because he runs and write this does not mean everything is peace love and pixie dust. He is reporting items how they are and not stooping to the sub mantle level of Blog whores who will praise anything for a free keychain. The way Swift reports and posts here takes a ton of backbones because things are not all ziggy zahggy in The Olde Country.

CarterGee said:
There's a way to be constructive, critical, and truthful without purposefully disheartening the people you need to enthuse to stay here.

Yes there are ways to be constructive BUT nothing has been given to be constructive about... at all.

CarterGee said:
Oh my god. Shut the ((expletive)) up. I ((expletive)) hate that attitude and if that's really how you feel then stop devoting so much time to this forum. You're supposed to be exciting people here and providing information, not minimizing everything and immediately dismissing ideas. There's a way to be constructive, critical, and truthful without purposefully disheartening the people you need to enthuse to stay here.

Actually no, that's not my job- the park pays people do to that. In case you were unaware, I have never made a dime off anything I've done here. I owe no loyalty to anyone. If the park wants to start signing checks with my name on them to buy my praise, by all means, let them. Until that happens, my opinions are my own and that's what people have come to expect from me. I can sugarcoat things with the best of 'em, but doing so doesn't benefit me in any way.

You owe loyalty to the readers here who really do care about the park to not stomp on everything they're excited about just because you aren't. You're a moderator and honestly the person I view that keeps the park running. Keep killing people's enthusiasm and there won't be many people here left to make the forum successful.

I've said next to nothing about the project itself- I've simply highlighted the need for a change within the park's marketing department. No matter how amazing a ride is, it can't be a success without proper marketing. The current marketing team has yet to show any ability to correctly advertise anything. Without fixing that first, the park can't hope to make whatever this is a success.

Well, as much as I would like to say it's a flat, I heard some time ago to expect a new 2015 coaster. I think festa needs to flats. I think the park needs flats, but unless something changed, I'm expecting a coaster.

Reactions: Julia

See, that's constructive Zach. Saying, "I'm happy we're getting a new ride, but in order for it to be successful it needs proper marketing that the park has failed to give to other rides in the past." is so much different than saying, "This conversation and attraction doesn't matter because marketing will just mess it up anyways."

I believe firmly that you have a responsibility as the glue that holds this entire together to set an example and keep this place productive, constructive, and positive, even if it's critical.

Reactions: FrontSeatMafia

I believe there is a fair argument about the parks marketing abilities that deserves further discussion in the Marketing thread.

I'm going to take a second to recap what we know for those that are just joining the discussion and do not want to dig through 26 pages of posts.

• On 04/08/2013 Screamscape.com reported on a rumor that Gwazi's (A GCI Wooden Coaster at Busch Gardens Tampa) extra trains were being shipped off to Busch Gardens Williamsburg
  • On 08/10/2013 BGWFans.com received reports of balloon testing somewhere in the Greater Italian area of the park.
  • On 10/05/2013 the forum member Woodmaker reported that there were utility markings throughout the Festa Italia hamlet.
  • On 10/07/2013 the forum member Party Rocker found evidence of soil testing behind the San Marco Theater.
  • On the evening of 10/07/2013 Zachary found a permit filing for an "Expansion to the Festa Italia Hamlet"
  • On the evening of 10/08/2013 Zachary discovered that the permit had been renamed and confirmed that this would be a 2015 attraction.
  • On the morning of 10/09/2013 the Williamsburg-Yorktown Daily obtained the permit filing and published Exhibit 3 of the filing showing the location of the highest point of the ride.
  • In the afternoon of 10/09/2013 Shane obtained a full copy of the permit filing that provides the location of the highest point of the new ride.
  • In the evening of 10/09/2013, based on the information provided in the full permit Zachary speculated that it could only be a flat ride and provided a concept graphic of his theory on what the new attraction may look like.

I believe that is where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad