Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
V-Boltfan2012 said:
I hear something about revamping the England section of the park.

for 2014, 2013 I think will be pretty much the same, with Apollo repainted and some Minor refurbs, no new attractions with the exception of the food and wine event.

Not a regular on here but did they not say early 2012 about a England revamp and changes to the RV parking area?

I seem to remember there being some sort of meeting in the Festhaus on Preview Day if you got there around 10 or 10:30 where they'd show you what they had planned for the year. I can't remember if this happens on Preview Day, Appreciation Weekend, or both. Will there be one this year?

karyninthesky said:
I seem to remember there being some sort of meeting in the Festhaus on Preview Day if you got there around 10 or 10:30 where they'd show you what they had planned for the year. I can't remember if this happens on Preview Day, Appreciation Weekend, or both. Will there be one this year?

Past few years have been on Appreciation Weekend. This year though i'd expect to maybe hear something on the new Food and Wine festival but only time will tell.

Well since I am a Platinum pass member;) I will be able to go. And since I go every year I should be going this year. I really want to see the Log flume, and what kind of lift they replaced it with. I also wonder If AP got painted. So after I get home I definitely will tell you my discoveries. And the preview day is usually 1 week before the real opening, so that's the tenth or eleventh right? Well I usually get an email so I'll find out when. :D

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Well since I am a Platinum pass member;) I will be able to go. And since I go every year I should be going this year. I really want to see the Log flume, and what kind of lift they replaced it with. I also wonder If AP got painted. So after I get home I definitely will tell you my discoveries. And the preview day is usually 1 week before the real opening, so that's the tenth or eleventh right? Well I usually get an email so I'll find out when. :D
Please take pictures. I want to see Apollo's paint.:D (btw, the majority of us here are platinum pass members bud.)

I think we can expect a Spring announcement regarding the festival, and then during Appreciation Weekend in September, we might hear some resort info possibly?

I am not a Platinum Member. Due to a health condition, I am unable to stay out at a water park for any length of time; so Water Country has remained a mystery to me since High School. As far as being able to go to Florida? My husband and I have limited vacation time and therefore, upgrading to a Platinum Pass would not be useful in our case. Besides, I'm the one dragging him to parks and coaster destinations. It would be unfair to him to force the same vacation to Florida every year. Don't get me wrong- I think the Platinum Pass is a great deal if you are wanting to enjoy multiple parks. It's just that physically, I am unable to enjoy the perks of having one.

Reactions: Zachary
I am also not a Platinum pass member, as it is not worth the extra money I would pay for the limited benefits. The only benefits afforded by the Platinum Pass I would be able to take advantage of would be preferred parking and the ability to go to Water County). I would not be able to make it out to the other SWP&E parks enough times to make it worth my while, nor do I have the time or wish to spent all the money it would take to get there. Only way they could possibly convince me to get one would be deep discounts ( I am talking to you SWP&E employee who is spying on the forums):D.

I am also not a Platinum pass member, I just enjoy living close enough to enjoy BGW on a regular basis and have had an annual pass every year ever since the 70's. I feel certain my family will continue to buy pass's until we are too old to enjoy the park..

Eric M

My pass is "amazing", you just have no idea. But I think the Platinum Pass is a good deal, whether you vist all 11 parks or not, Especially now that they eliminated the two-year pass option from BGW and WCUSA. So now it is either 1-year or Platinum. I do wish they had a full complete list of all perks available with the passes though, like the alternate parking entry for PPHs. Plus with EZPay, you really can't beat the price. Any pass on EZPay is better than lets say a Netflix account, which can be 16+ dollars a month vs. the 11 a month for a pass at BGW.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad