Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 6, 2013
I read an article lately that addressed some of the biggest challenges facing Seaworld Parks and Entertainment and one was the lack of IP. It's clear how much of a focus that has become for Disney and Universal. Look what Wizarding World has done for them. With that in mind, what IP could the parks add? Specifically BGW, but the other parks too if you have something good. This doesn't even have to only mean a retheme of a section, this could be as simple as a redo of Battle of Eire to Battle for the Shire.

The thing about licensing is that its rather pricey.  I'm not sure that SEAS has spare cash.  There's also the issue of what would fit at BGW. Anything European would either be too obscure for 'Muricans or super expensive because its popular.

Though it is nice that they licensed GoT for Frostbite.

Huge IPs comparable to Potter are almost certainly just too expensive for SEAS to experiment with. Ideally BGW would buy rights to smaller (read: cheaper) but still iconic European IPs associated with the countries represented in their park.

For instance, who wouldn't love a Babar the Elephant-themed children's ride or a Madeline meet-and-greet in Aquitaine? And Paddington Bear in Banbury? All three of these are timeless properties that children (hopefully) and certainly their parents will recognize and all three have pretty universally positive reputations.

To the park's credit, toys associated with all three of these IPs can already be found in the respective hamlets now, so, on a very small scale, BGW is currently giving these IPs a shot. Hopefully the public responds.

Honestly, if done correctly, a park shouldn't need anything outside of it's own intellectual property. You can have a fun, refreshing themed environment without IP. It just takes some creativity. A park has no limits when they aren't strapped to a licence agreement.

Plus if you dig around, there are some iconic characters that are actually part of the public domain that could be harnessed.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series would be super easy and fun. Just some simple character things, some renaming of things in Festa Itlaia to Greek things.

Brothers Grimm in Germany.

Mr. Bean in England.

But Percy Jackson would be my biggest one.

It's not Europe related but Lorien Legacies series would be a great IP to have in the park.

Reactions: jornor
Shane said:
Honestly, if done correctly, a park shouldn't need anything outside of it's own intellectual property. You can have a fun, refreshing themed environment without IP. It just takes some creativity. A park has no limits when they aren't strapped to a licence agreement.

Plus if you dig around, there are some iconic characters that are actually part of the public domain that could be harnessed.

Like a park that no longer sells merch for DarKastle, Grogan's Pub, Mach Tower, LotD, and the huge list of other rides or attractions for which "souvenir" merch is possible. Don't get me started on the years of wasted opportunity not marketing and selling Celtic Fyre or any other shows, except that London Rocks garbage. Instead, we get generic park shirts and crap that you could buy at any park. You couldn't tell except it has "Busch Garden" printed on it. But, how many people bought a shirt for a ride that isn't even there anymore? I see BBW merch practically disappear when they put it out. They definitely need a marketing class on how to leverage the attractions and brand they had...I mean have.

BGW Family said:
Shane said:

Like a park that no longer sells merch for DarKastle, Grogan's Pub, Mach Tower, LotD, and the huge list of other rides or attractions for which "souvenir" merch is possible. Don't get me started on the years of wasted opportunity not marketing and selling Celtic Fyre or any other shows, except that London Rocks garbage. Instead, we get generic park shirts and crap that you could buy at any park. You couldn't tell except it has "Busch Garden" printed on it. But, how many people bought a shirt for a ride that isn't even there anymore? I see BBW merch practically disappear when they put it out. They definitely need a marketing class on how to leverage the attractions and brand they had...I mean have.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Grogan's sell (or weren't they selling) Grogan's Pub pint glasses for at least the latter half of this past season?

Last season they had those pub glasses for a number of different areas. We only bought a single Grogan's glass last year; this year Grogan's was the only example we found.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
From what I was told, the pint glasses were originally at 3 different locations throughout the park. After exploring we found Grogan's Pub, Das Festhaus, and Trappers so it seems those are the 3 places but for some reason we feel like we've also seen a 4th pint glass somewhere, or there was a 4th location for them but might be way off.

Doctor Who.
It's big enough to draw in a fanbase, small enough not to be ridiculously expensive like star wars or potter, and if the effects are less than stellar... It's bloody doctor who! It's suppose to be faky to a degree. Not to mention, similar to how did ey did the Kim possible interactives, they could do a doctor who Sonic scavenger hunt. Your interactive Sonic screwdriver could interact with areas around the park causing environmental elements to go off. Not to mention a tea shop with the ironisdes daleks serving tea would be amazing.

Nicole said:
Depends on your tastes.  If you like British, campy, sci-fi then absolutely.

As someone who does like the show, I would recommend starting at the beginning of the reboot.

I typically recommend start of S2 with the David Tennett years, but some important stuff happens in that first series.

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad