Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Saw this picture on FB it is claimed this was a height test balloon near Volcano. It certainly looks possible to me.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1538934900129.jpg
    FB_IMG_1538934900129.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
I just posted that. The photo was taken from the dog kennel. If you draw a line to the side of Dominator and Volcano. Its about where that line would intersect. Its hard to judge the height, but it doesnt seem super tall. I'd say shorter than Volcano and Dominator.

I just rode Dominator. Heres another view. The baloon and Dominator are about the same height. I've never been to the pavillion, but yes I think its that area.

Attachments

• 20181007_142035.jpg
    20181007_142035.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Mushroom
“Maybe if I repeat the same joke for the 500th time it will become funnier”

I’m sure this isn’t for any huge attraction but who knows

Reactions: Coasterguy154
Someone replied to my Facebook post suggesting that it could be for the Sheehy Auto Group picnic. Do they fly giant baloons in the picnic area so large groups can find it? The balloon is red and so are the t-shirts that the Sheehy people are wearing.

Someone replied to my Facebook post suggesting that it could be for the Sheehy Auto Group picnic. Do they fly giant baloons in the picnic area so large groups can find it? The balloon is red and so are the t-shirts that the Sheehy people are wearing.

I have never seen them do that before but I suppose it's possible.

What ever it was it's gone now with nothing visible at all from the Eiffel Tower.

Reactions: TLancaster
Yeah, I ran over to avalanche and dominator about an hour or so after I heard about and it was already gone. How long are balloons usually up for line of sight testings?

Yeah, I ran over to avalanche and dominator about an hour or so after I heard about and it was already gone. How long are balloons usually up for line of sight testings?
I am not aware of any info on KD hieght test but when BGW has done them it's always been a fairly short period of time maybe ass little ss an hr or so.

Reactions: TLancaster
I've been here all day. Balloon was in the air for a few hours and I'm essentially positive that it's not a line of sight test.

1. It's in the picnic area. There are plenty of opportunities for expansion around KD. I don't think the picnic area is one of the sensible ones.
  2. The Sheehy Auto Group or whatever has a MASSIVE event here today. Red Sheehy shirts everywhere.
  3. I've never seen a height balloon with flags on it.
  4. I've seen car dealerships fly balloons with flags just like this at special events and whatnot.

Last edited:
I've been here all day. Balloon was in the air for a few hours and I'm essentially positive that it's not a line of sight test.

1. It's in the picnic area. There are plenty of opportunities for expansion around KD. I don't think the picnic area is one of the sensible ones.
  2. The Sheehy Auto Group or whatever has a MASSIVE event here today. Red Sheehy shirts everywhere.
  3. I've never seen a height balloon with flags on it.
  4. I've seen car dealership have balloons with flags just like this at special events and whatnot.

Curiosity, just because I don't know what's over there.....would that area be viable for a hotel? CF's big thing right now seems to be hotels right by the gate.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad