How Many Visits to BGW?

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 6, 2014
Hampton, VA USA
While unable to sleep last night, I began calculating my number of visits to the park.  Using the poll below, how many visits have you made to BGW?  If you work or otherwise do business in the park, only count your visits for pleasure.

It might be fun to hear favorite memories or experiences in this thread too.

I searched within this forum and was unable to find a similar poll.  Admins, feel free to delete if this is redundant.

I would have to say my favorite visit was a 7th grade school trip.  In 1981 at the peak of the coin-op videogame and arcade craze, the park had a well-run arcade called Jester's Sport in Hastings.  It was next to the shooting gallery and in about the location where the magic/fantasy shop would later appear.  The arcade had multiples of the latest games including the just-released Pac-Man.  It was a game unlike anything else out there and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing!  I believe this was the first time most of us experienced this level of autonomy, away from adults, in a really cool location.

Google's 30th Anniv edition of Pac-Man

I voted 100+ only because the time I spent there in the mid and late 90s. We had a family member who worked there and would hook my two brothers and me up with passes. My mom used the park to get the kids out of the house. In the last 10 years I try to go often as possible, still have a pass, but I guess the average now is 4 to 5 times a year.
Edit: To answer GeoUSA's question maybe a little over 100 but not much more. Not close to 200+.

I wonder if I could find out on what days was I in the park this year. I have been trying to keep a ride and show log for the first time this year. Last year, I started to, but never finished. I know I have been on Europe in the Air way more than what I'm comfortable with.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad