Pointless Discussions

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 5, 2011
I’m going to the Orlando and Tampa area for parks at the end of April. I have a few days to relax so I figured I’d look into smaller attractions. Anyone have any suggestions? I’ve already got zoos and aquariums in the area on my schedule.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
This is horrible (if you don't want a Super Bowl commercial spoiler, move along). An icon that was born in Suffolk 104 years ago was brutally killed in an upcoming commercial.

As a child, Suffolk's Antonio Gentile drew him first.
Screenshot_20200122-185124_Chrome.jpg

But now Planters has killed him off...

RIP

• Love
Reactions: Alf33 and Thomas
Feb 14, 2019
Thanks to my streaming service and network tv ads, I've got the damn jingle for JG Wentworth stuck in my head.

And I'm not even a sucker for their bait and switch disguised as a service

• Haha
Reactions: Lolers

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
This certainly isn’t a pointless discussion, but I couldn’t figure out a better place to put this.

RIP Kobe Bryant; what a giant loss to the NBA community and the world. It stings a little more that his daughter died along with him.

I don’t think we’ll ever forget what we were doing when one of the greatest NBA players of all time left this world. I know I won’t.

Mar 16, 2016
Not gonna lie, the only other time I've been effected by a death of someone I didn't know at all was Payne Stewart. Kobe's reach went beyond basketball. And to know his daughter was there with him makes it even more crushing.

Reactions: BGWnut
Nov 24, 2009
Not gonna lie, the only other time I've been effected by a death of someone I didn't know at all was Payne Stewart. Kobe's reach went beyond basketball. And to know his daughter was there with him makes it even more crushing.
I still have my AB Golf ticket from the last year he played. He signed it as he walked off 18.

Mar 16, 2016
I still have my AB Golf ticket from the last year he played. He signed it as he walked off 18.
Yea Payne was a great guy. Good news on the women side, Cristie Kerr has taken up hosting duties of the Puresilk (formerly Kingsmill) tournament at the Kingsmill River Course. Cristie is absolutely wonderful. I worked at the course that hosted the 2015 women's open, and she was just a joy to talk to for a short time. I can't wait to see what she brings to Williamsburg.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad