Pointless Discussions

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
Wow. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.
Pretty sure I did. It's just tiring. I think I might invest in a dating service. And I'm not talking like eHarmony, more like and actual person. I dunno, I go through phases of not wanting to try, and phases of wanting to try too hard. I think that having another set of friends pregnant, and me being the last single no family one, has made me think a bit more about things. I guess you can call me Ted Mosby.

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
So I got to share this story because it's actually funny:

A week or so before Christmas I went on a date with a woman I met on a dating site. Talking went well so we decided we should meet. I kept on bringing up local places with interesting options, she kept saying no, and we end up at Applebees. So I'm trying to be healthier, eat better, so I decide on the grilled chicken breast, rice, asperagus. I hear from her the next day. After another 2-3 days I don't hear back, so I decide to reach out and talk more. She said she had a nice time but there would be no second date because my "meal wasn't manly enough".
well she wasn't wrong....

</me ducks>

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Not funny.
Aparently my sarcasm did not come through as intended. I had hoped the </me ducks> made it clear I was not serious, however based on feedback I was not. My apologies to anyone who may have been insulted by my post. If it is desired I will hide it.

Reactions: Nicole

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
More on my USPS situation. I finally got a response from them. Only after tweeting to them twice. And the second time was basically "stop ignoring me".

Basically the answer was "the item was never sent" and are washing their hands of it. Except the package was in transit. It's literally what the last update was, that it had moved. When questioned, they changed the answer to "the item was never scanned at the US border."

This is all deeply fustrating. I just want my blouse. ;__; it's literally just a shirt. Please I'm begging.

• Angry
Reactions: warfelg

Lolers

Wavering faith will not serve you well
Sep 14, 2014
Pretty sure I did. It's just tiring. I think I might invest in a dating service. And I'm not talking like eHarmony, more like and actual person. I dunno, I go through phases of not wanting to try, and phases of wanting to try too hard. I think that having another set of friends pregnant, and me being the last single no family one, has made me think a bit more about things. I guess you can call me Ted Mosby.
I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m minimizing your feelings because that’s not my intent (although I do seem to have a tendency not to address feelings directly), but perhaps being the last single one isn’t a bad thing. You’ve had a chance to see the mistakes others have made in various stages, and you’ll know what not to do. And when you do find the right one, that person may have similar experiences knowing what not to do, and you’ll both be mature enough to put in the hard work that comes with a relationship and be happy long-term. I’ve seen so many people my age who were dead-set on getting married and starting a family in their early 20’s (some even late teens) who didn’t have the life experience to have known what they were taking on, or that “till death do us part” is way longer than they probably imagined at the time. Some of those that I know who started a family so young are extremely unhappy now and are focused on all the regrets they have. I’m not saying this is true for everyone - just that when you’re that young, you’re not equipped for what you’re getting into no matter how much you think you are. Some make it work, but many don’t.
I guess my point is, I’m sorry you’re feeling the way you’re feeling now, but your situation may be a blessing in disguise because based on the many stories I’ve heard, the grass isn’t even nearly greener on the other side.

Mar 16, 2016
Random question for anyone who’s ever grown their heir out longer after having it shorter:
How did you keep it healthy and grow it out so well with minimum haircuts?

My hair is about 2.5-3” long now, and it’s starting to feel dried out at times.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Are you getting small trims? I have the ends cut off, even when I am growing my hair out.

Also, I use good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

That said, I have very thick and healthy hair, so, my experience might not be normal.

Last edited:

belsaas

Prince Ludwig is my Daddy
Silver Donor
My hair is about 2.5-3” long now, and it’s starting to feel dried out at times.
If it's smooth, healthy, happy hair you're seeking—and you're feeling dry during the day—I'd go for a leave-in conditioner.

Miracle Leave-In Product by It's a 10 is a God send. Throw a little in, comb it through, and you're looking sharp the rest of the day.

Reactions: The Quist
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
You might also try washing every other day. I know some people cringe at this but I've heard from many "hair people" including the venerable Jonathan Van Ness that washing every other day is a healthy solution if your hair is feeling dried out or not very healthy. It would really depend on your hair type though. I've also heard consuming a lot of virgin olive oil helps but I would think a good conditioner as mentioned above would be the better option.

Also, don't fret about your love life. Sometimes being single the best thing in the world. And as cheesy as it sounds the cliche is true: when it's meant to happen it'll just happen.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad