Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Wonders never really left but now it will be renamed and the Wonders Pavalion will be gone. I really hope this is a quality redo and not some cheaply done makeover.....yes im looking at you Toy Story Land. Im seeing a hub of character meet and greets and a playground in my head.....think mashup of Character Spot and Dumbo playground. Now that there are plans that Disney knew construction was coming are they the ones who have Buzzy?

I think it's a great idea and something Epcot could use.

Also, if they were happen to fit in a small Ralph ride where Body Wars is....

Reactions: Ice
Yes, I'd love if those simulators could once again dislocate my spine.

Pixar Play Pavilion. Inside/Out in Cranium Command, Wreck it Ralph themed main area, Maters Off-road Adventure in the simulator. Or Wall-E and Eeves Great Galaxy Adventure.

Yes I wanted to be an Imagineer when I started Engineering school.

...Im seeing a hub of character meet and greets and a playground in my head.....think mashup of Character Spot and Dumbo playground.
For sure that's part of it. Character meet and greets are high margin, increase brand loyalty, and encourage post park departure purchases of related product and entertainment. I'm expecting a 2:1 ratio to any ride-type attraction.

Re: Ralph: Is there a reason why this is only Pixar?

Re: Ralph: Is there a reason why this is only Pixar?
Since WDW doesn't have a Pixar exclusive area like Anaheim, maybe they should just start to spread the Pixar love some?

Has been the most underused IPs for a while now, with only recently seeing them get a lot of attention in the form of Toy Story land.

Last edited:
I imagine people don't think it's reasonable to call Toy Story Land a "cheaply done makeover."
Its fact...they are having huge issues with things showing wear from the over use of plastics for a quick and lest costly build. The fencing that encloses Slinky Dog Dash were made from sheets of plastic that were water jetted with designs, after only being open for a number of days they were covered with plywood becuase the plastic didnt meet code when used as a barrier material. We were there only a couple weeks after opening and the "buttons" in the Saucer Spin had holes where people had tried to push them and they broke through. Look at Slinky himself, the tail is gone now because they deemed the design to be a hazard. The tables and chairs at Woodys lunchbox are also in really bad shape and paint is peeling all over. The fact is TSL was something that got scaled way fown from the Blue Sky phase and budgets were cut as always. They needed soemthing in Studios and something fast and this was what we got. There are many articles online discussing all these issues.

Toy Story Land isn't a "makeover" though, and it can only be considered "cheaply done" if compared exclusively to the best lands at the best theme parks in the world.

I've been to DHS many times since Toy Story Land opened and have personally witnessed the very notable maintenance issues throughout the land. I understand that some of these are likely rooted in a cheaper initial build-out requiring more maintenance than a more polished build-out would have, but ultimately, it's still a maintenance issue at the end of the day.

Toy Story Land isn't the best themed land at Walt Disney World, but it's also not the worst. I think it serves its purpose as a children's-focused section very well.

Anyway, yeah, not a "makeover" and only "cheaply done" when compared to the likes of Pandora, Diagon Alley, etc. That's the source of the eyerolls I imagine.

Anyway, the Play Pavilion...

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Nicole and WDWRLD
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad