Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 22, 2010
In Busch Tampa as well as Seaworld if you have a Platinum pass you wait in line for the ride once and get to ride a second time right after with no wait. I love going to those parks just for that. Any rhyme or reason as to why Busch Olde Country does not do that?

Yes, there is. The Central Florida market is not the Central Eastern Coast market. People pay almost double for their Platinum passes down in Florida then they do in Virginia. They have more places to use their annual pass, so they pay more. With that, there's more competition down there - Disney, Universal, etc.. That Platinum perk is offered as an incentive to locals to "visit us, not them more often". Around here, it's BGW/WCUSA or KD (And if you want to add SFA, you can). The competition isn't strong enough to warrant adding extras. Now, if you wanted BGW/WCUSA to make the price of the Platinum pass the same as in Florida - $430, then maybe we can arrange something. :)

Seriously, though. What warrants price versus perks is location, clientele and the financial market. All the "buy one, get one" promotions, free child's ticket, SS:FoF Summer Pass are all determined by these factors. Each season is different from another. Maybe next year BGW will have re-ride perks with annual passes (not really in the cards, but you can dream!) ... anything can change at anytime.

Ahh okay. That would make sense. I have not looked at the price of the Plat there. So in essence, the same pass I have here is is twice as much in Fl?

Thanks for the input BTW

Sorry for the weird writing tone of that last post I made.. I was in a hurry. Jersey Shore was already started. ;)

But yes, for the same pass you have, they pay a bit less then double for the same perks (give or take). They people in that area have more options in parks to visit, so they can pay more for that. In terms of (more) reasoning to us not having the identical perks, each park is operated individually. They all share the same name and parent company, but they don't inter-mingle between each other (except in certain situations). BGW has nothing to do with BGT at all. What works for them might not work for us, and vice-versa. BGW needs to make money on what it sells, so they can give what they feel is in their best interest, while staying within the best interests of the guests as a whole.

What I mean is, you're requesting this feature, but I bet at least 60% of the people who visit this forum have never even heard of it. Multiply that across the board with families who visit for a week or so who just want to see the park(s). They probably don't know what Tampa has in relation to us. To them, BGW is "everything". The park adds new things every year. Tours, dining, special concerts, etc.. Maybe one day we'll get the re-ride privilege at BGW, but as it currently stands, it's not on the table for this (or next) year yet.

I hope all this helps a bit. I know I'm a bit bad at wording things here lately... I just ramble on and on .. like I'm doing now. :p

Explanation in detail > quick "nope dont have it not getting it"

I get what you are saying. Thanks for the write-up, though. I did not know the BGs did not really communicate with each other for the most part. I enjoy the Seaworld Adventure Parks as much as I do Disney so I stay on top of all of them and visit them all on a pretty regular basis

They're so different in fact, .. here's a fun time tip for ya ..

Tampa starts preparing for their Howl-O-Scream 20-24 months in advance while Williamsburg starts preparing in the Spring of the same year.

Same brand, different dispositions on things. BGT's HoS is a much bigger deal to them then to BGW. Inversely, BGW's Christmas Town is a much bigger deal to them then it is in ... wait, Tampa doesn't have Christmas Town. ;)

LoveDoc143 said:
They're so different in fact, .. here's a fun time tip for ya ..

Tampa starts preparing for their Howl-O-Scream 20-24 months in advance while Williamsburg starts preparing in the Spring of the same year.

Same brand, different dispositions on things. BGT's HoS is a much bigger deal to them then to BGW. Inversely, BGW's Christmas Town is a much bigger deal to them then it is in ... wait, Tampa doesn't have Christmas Town. ;)

Point made good sir.. Point made

2vje9gg.jpg

BBW said:
And if I flash my BGW platinum pass at the Tampa ride ops, will they take care of me, too?

(These must be some kind o' perks!)

Yes, I have been doing it for ~7 or 8 years at this point. I asked because I live here and always loved the feature down there when I visited. It makes sense what the doc said about why they do it there.

As I said previously, a Platinum pass is a Platinum pass anywhere. The only difference is where you purchase your original pass and the 'home perks' that come alone with it. As long as you have that Platinum Pass is active, you can show it various places at any of the parks (minus Discovery Cove) and receive 10-20% off discounts at many places, or in BGT, one-time re-ride abilities on most of the rides.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad