Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 19, 2013
I am looking to get my kids platinum passes this year for our trip to Florida durring spring break. My wife and I already have platinum passes. Is there any way to get BGW to mail activated platinum passes without actually going to the park first? It looks like the only day we could get to the park before spring break in order to activate them would be March 21st for passmember preview day.

I don't know if they still do this, but I was able to activate my Plat Pass one year, while the park was closed, at the BGW corporate offices, before my trip to Florida.  I called customer service and they set it up for me.

Reactions: jpcommons
Thanks for the feedback. I sent Busch Gardens a message to see if they can provide an answer as well. I guess we could always plan a trip to BGW for the 21st.

Reactions: Nicole
don't count on much from BGW. They are not known for their timely responses. I, for example am still waiting on a return call about a pair of sunglasses I lost in the park. I have now left 6 messages.

Reactions: Nicole
Zimmy said:
don't count on much from BGW.  They are not known for their timely responses.  I, for example am still waiting on a return call about a pair of sunglasses I lost in the park.  I have now left 6 messages.

I have had similar experiences in the past when emailing customer support. I was not expecting to hear back from them for a long time. I am happy to report that they responded within 1 day. They said I could order the passes online to get the voucher and then email them the voucher barcode. They would then activate the passes and mail them back to me. Of course, that is what they said. Not sure if some hicup will change all of this when the time comes. At the moment, I am cautiously optimistic. I will try and remember to report back my experience when I order the passes next month. I don't want to order them too early and pay for 2 passes for a month that we will not use them.

If you called Lost and Found during the off season you probably won't get an answer fast. Your best bet would be to contact the Guest Relations team that works during the off season. Try 757-253-3201

Reactions: Zachary
This was something that I've actually been wondering about.  With our Cedar Fair Platinum passes we bought them from Cedar Point but got them processed at Kings Dominion.  The SEAS passes are a little different though I would think.  I was curious if you could purchase them from BGW online and process them at BGT or SEA but still get the same pass.  Their system may not be able of doing something like this though, but only printing passes for their own park.  I know the Florida passes also cost more.

I know I couldn't activate my BGW Plat in Florida as few years ago, but may have changed. You can activate a Friends and Family pass anywhere.

Reactions: ZJhauler
Thought I would post an update. I ordered the passes today and emailed the customer service rep who had responded to my earlier request. I emailed around 8 AM and received a response back around 2 PM. She stated that the passes were mailed to my address and also provided the barcodes for the passes in case they don't show up. I am very impressed with this particular person. Does anyone know how I can email a superior about the service I received without just sending an email to customer support?

ETA: I used the Busch gardens app to add the passes using the barcodes that she provided. Everything was added the way they should be. Feeling much better about our spring break trip now.

Final update. Received my passes in the mail yesterday. From start to finish, this was a pretty easy process. Since they activated and mailed them, I don't feel like I wasted money on the processing fee like I usually do.

Good to know, we did the same thing last year (buying Platinum passes before going to Florida in Feb), we were told to just bring the vouchers to Tampa and they let us in. We didn't have the passes for discounts in the park though. We hit Sea World on the way home and they were able to print my passes for me.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad