Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 14, 2013
Hi,

My family and I are platinum pass holders for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and have visited BGT many times over the last few years. I noticed that September 25 and 26 is a platinum pass holder free howl O Scream preview and were considering driving down from VA for a long weekend. I called Busch Gardens to confirm that our passes would get us into the event and was told that they still have not officially confirmed that that weekend would be a free preview (though it states it on their site) and were not sure if our passes would get us in. I was told to call back when the event gets closer.

So my question is does anyone know if the platinum pass free howl O Scream preview includes platinum passes from BGW. I'd assume so but I'd like more than an assumption before making the trip.

Thank you for your assistance...

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
RE: Platinum Pass Howl O Scream 2015 BGT question

Unfortunately we have found Williamsburg-based Platinum benefits to be fairly erratic and unpredictable in Florida. I do not even consistently get the same discounts from trip to trip. So, I'm not sure there is anyway good way to predict, if they would honor your pass.

That said, logically they should allow you to participate in the event.

Sorry!

Jun 14, 2013

Thanks Nicole, I guess I'll try calling BG back in a few weeks but I know I won't get a definitive answer from them.

Reactions: Nicole
Sep 29, 2009

If one person tells you "no", ask another person, then file a complaint. Some of them just act like they can't help anybody with anything. I can almost assure you that a more experienced employee would try to help in some way. SeaWorld tends to be the worst about guest services out of all the parks. Guest relations has been slipping at all parks, but usually you will find an experienced employee that is more than willing to help.

Nicole said:
Based on my personal experience, you will get different answers, based on who picks up the phone.

This is very true. I usually get the same person when I call the corporate line. It's too bad, because as soon as I hear that person's voice, I feel like giving up. They aren't rude, or anything like that, but they are sometimes clueless as to how they can help.

Reactions: Nicole
Sep 9, 2014
Virginia
twitter.com

I used to work at a call center and I know that the best way to get an issue resolved or a question answered is to escalate the call. Just keep asking for their supervisor until you speak to someone who is more knowledgable about the topic. Good luck.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA

We actually have gotten really weird answers from supervisors before. It was a supervisor, who first denied me discounts in Florida. Usually I have better luck in the park than on the phone, but I do get my Platinum benefits more often than not on the phone as well.

Nov 18, 2013
Naples, FL
bgtbuzz.blogspot.com
I'll reach out to the PR contact at the park and look into the matter further. From what I know, I believe you should be able to enter the HOS event in Tampa with your current pass.

- Viktor

Zman said:
Hi,

My family and I are platinum pass holders for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and have visited BGT many times over the last few years.  I noticed that September 25 and 26 is a platinum pass holder free howl O Scream preview and were considering driving down from VA for a long weekend.  I called Busch Gardens to confirm that our passes would get us into the event and was told that they still have not officially confirmed that that weekend would be a free preview (though it states it on their site) and were not sure if our passes would get us in.  I was told to call back when the event gets closer.

So my question is does anyone know if the platinum pass free howl O Scream preview includes platinum passes from BGW.  I'd assume so but I'd like more than an assumption before making the trip.

Thank you for your assistance...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad