Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
That's 'Hanna' to you PK. And please take a look at my avatar for MY opinion of your above opinion. Now, imagine him performing his jujitsu on your head! The fake applause is unheard of in cartoons these days. I never, ever, at any point in my life, thought peanuts was cool. Anything is better than them!

Reactions: Zimmy
Peanuts has 3 - 5 jokes in it and they are told over and over and over again. They are as dated as they are old. You know why you can't tell if you have read a Peanuts comic before or not, because YOU HAVE, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM, AT LEAST 18 TIMES.

they represent an America that never was, and never will be. They are what one adult THOUGHT kids were thinking and perhaps they were, in 1960.

But alas until the damn Hippies all retire and leave business we from Gen X will have to suffer their vague memories of their "wonder years." This includes, unfortunately Peanuts.

I close with this off topic rant with a quote, in defense of my generation by Jesus Jones.

"A woman on the radio talked about revolution
when it's already passed her by
Bob Dylan didn't have this to sing about you
you know it feels good to be alive

I was alive and I waited, waited
I was alive and I waited for this
Right here, right now
there is no other place I want to be
Right here, right now
watching the world wake up from history

I saw the decade in, when it seemed
the world could change at the blink of an eye
And if anything
then there's your sign... of the times"

/me grumbles about dirty hippies

Reactions: Nicole
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Peanuts is that great either. However, the company responsible for this...thing deserves zero admiration. The best thing to come out of Hanna Barbara were the Adult Swim shows.

As a "junior" fan, I can say Planet Snoopy is the best children's area I have ever been in outside of Florida. Landscaping and theming is pretty top-notch for a children's area.

That said, to me Peanuts kind of evoke those memories I have as a little one watching the Halloween and Christmas specials. Still, I can agree that though there is a "nostalgic touch" to children, Peanuts are more out-of-touch than other characters (like Nickelodeon).

My biggest gripe is the removal of Yogi's Cave. But perhaps that was inevitable.

^ Sometimes out-of-touch is good, especially where children are concerned. There's a lot about the world you don't want your children to be in touch with, at least for a while. Theme parks are made to be out-of-touch with life, by design. :)

Planet Snoopy is my daughters favorite place in the world. I agree there is nothing better around for kids. I just dont agree with Peanuts being cool. I much prefer the characters I grew up with. The Hanna Barbera cartoons were riddled with adult humor and exciting story lines. Have a look at this list of their works from the 50's thru the 90's. I especially love the ones from the 60's and 70's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_produced_by_Hanna-Barbera_Productions

You guys DO realize that most of the HB cartoons that came out in the 60s-70s were just Scooby Doo or Flintstones ripoffs right?

Yeah there were a few good shows here and there (The Flintstones/Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, etc - basically the company's flagship products), but once you take those out of the equation, you have mostly low-budget, poorly animated ripoffs of your most popular franchises.

So that leaves Peanuts. I grew up with Peanuts as a kid and enjoyed it (both the comics and specials). I still enjoy reading the comics and watching the specials now. Even if the jokes and gags are reused over and over again, to be fair, the Schultz wrote 50 years worth of comics, so a few jokes were bound to be reused at least 10 times or so.

Maybe its just me, but I could go either way with the HB or Peanuts theming. Today the only part of those that kids are exposed to are the TV specials for Peanuts and Scooby Doo/Flintstones for HB anyway. The Nick license is pretty much the only thing that would appeal to kids the most and even then, KD never really went all out with it (it was pretty much just the Rugrats car ride, the Space Surfer, and the slime/water maze).

Reactions: wombat96
Apparently the pond for the Planet Snoopy waterfall used to be painted brown, instead of light blue. It looked much more natural that way.
100_5265.JPG

IMG00222.jpg

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad