Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

huh?
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia

This post will be updated by all the forum mods as more information comes out about the project.
If you see or know something about the project that you think should be added to this post, private message Evan.

Information:
Acres: 14

New Rides
  • 302718_10151133302241875_1317090145_n.jpg
  • 375476_10151136832126875_1996926415_n.jpg
  • 481574_10151137972301875_1826066198_n.jpg
  • 190155_10151140707086875_791805016_n.jpg
  • Flying Ace Balloon Race
  • Charlie Brown's Wind Up
  • Snoopy's Junction
  • Snoopy's Space Buggies

Rides that are Staying
  • Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
  • Bolder Bumpers, now know as Lucy’s Crabbie Cabbie
  • Taxi Jam, now know as Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • Road Rally, now know as Peanuts Road Rally
  • Junior Turnpike, now known as Snoop's Turnpike
  • Red Baron, now known as Snoopy vs. Red Baron
  • Ghoster Coaster, now know as WoodStock Express
  • Flying Ace
  • Joe Cool's Driving School
  • Snoopy's Moon Bounce

Rides being removed
  • Hot Rods
  • Jeep Tours
  • Road Rally
  • Space Port
  • Swing a Round
  • Virginia Clipper
  • Snoopy's Splash Dance

Other Attractions
  • Open Air Market

Press Release
Concept Art:
Concept Video:
Construction Updates

Post Contributors: Reece

RE: Planet Snoopy Expansion 2013

Wow, they provided so many details! It truly was a riveting 15 minute event. </sarcasm>

Reactions: b.mac

I learned more about their blatant disregard for their own media policies than what is actually going to happen. I don't know why they allowed CC to host the stream, they haven't generated a single ounce of traffic in months yet KD still sticks with them...

The site is also available.... http://www.kingsdominion.com/biggerbetter-planetsnoopy

I don't even think they know what they're going to even put in next year. At least from what I've heard it doesn't sound like they know. But if it's anything like they're saying I can see this being really good for people bringing their families. KidsVille won't be a ghetto anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSFPXJrHtU&feature=youtu.be&a

Ghoster Coaster has been confirmed to be staying, it will be renamed "Woodstock Express" like the other kiddee coasters in Planet Snoopy's. The real question is what'll become of Boo Blasters and Taxi Jam? I hope it'll just be a rename...

EDIT: Check Taxi Jam, It'll be themed to the Great Pumpkin.

hp_b_01.jpg

Rides that are staying:
  • Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
  • Bolder Bumpers, now know as Bumper Cars
  • Taxi Jam, now know as Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • Road Rally, now know as Peanuts Road Rally
  • Junior Turnpike, now known as Snoop's Turnpike
  • Red Baron, now known as Snoopy vs. Red Baron
  • Ghoster Coaster, now know as WoodStock Express
  • Flying Ace
  • Joe Cool's Driving School
  • Snoopy's Moon Bounce

Now what we don't know officially is what the new rides are. Anyone have any idea on why they wouldn't tell us?

Well it's not showing any name change to it so it might stay the same. The description of it is this "Be on the lookout out for Boocifer! You must defeat him by zapping his secret potion on this fun-filled family ride."

They wouldn't know what new rides will be there because there won't be any! Nah, kiddee ride like those are very easy to install, like 2-3 months before the park opens easy. Oh any reason why the building next to the Kidsville entrance is missing?

Looking at the overview, the expansion looks like it will be awesome. This is something KD definitely needed. Now all they need to do is expand the water park in 2014 and I'll be good.

redsoxfan787 said:
A new paint job to anaconda wouldn't be bad either..

Being as it got repainted only a few years ago sure! Red and Yellow are the worst colors to paint a roller coaster due to how badly they fade...

B.Mac said:
redsoxfan787 said:

Being as it got repainted only a few years ago sure! Red and Yellow are the worst colors to paint a roller coaster due to how badly they fade...
Howcome you never saw big bad wolf all faded? Or lochness all faded? Is it just because Busch takes better care of their coasters?

Reactions: Mushroom

redsoxfan787 said:
B.Mac said:
redsoxfan787 said:

Howcome you never saw big bad wolf all faded? Or lochness all faded? Is it just because Busch takes better care of their coasters?

yes, Busch went through the effort of repainting the rides when they started to fade. Whereas KD and other parks have let their rides fade beyond the limit of acceptable coloring. When the red starts to look pink it's time to repaint.

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad