Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2018
Hey everyone, Rolly Coaster and I are currently developing the Pindex website with support from ParkFans. I'd like to use this thread to poll you guys on questions and decisions about the website! First question/order of business, we'd really like all of your thoughts on trading etiquette as well as a few photos from yall's pins to really give the website some meat before we launch it!

Have you attempted to make contact with the park to get a comprehensive list of the pins and such?

It could be kinda difficult to keep it accurate by just updating it based off what we see ourselves. Especially to describe the rarity of each. But I sure will help to make it happen, I love the idea ;)

Maybe for pin etiquette a Max of two pins for one rarer pin? To help control the issue Disney faces with pin trading with guests. (Some of those people want you to bend over backwards to get a pin.)

Also maybe consider just buying it off of a person, like we did with the Scarlet cards. Not making buying the /only/ option when offering, but also have it as an option. (Of course you guys not being responsible for purchasing of anything.)

Also having an "I'm looking for" section. That way somebody who's willing to part with a pin, but doesn't want to list it has the option to come forward.

Could we get a shared Google Sheet going where we can see/input pin names, how they were obtained, images, etc?

Also, I assume for now we are only dealing with 2019 pins, yeah?

Anyway, some pins to start this off...

Available for Purchase:

Finnegan's Flyer Inaugural Flight [Special Edition]

Finnegan's Flyer

Available from Blind Boxes:

Aquitaine Clock

Gladiator's Gauntlet

InvadR

Rhine River Cruise

Have you attempted to make contact with the park to get a comprehensive list of the pins and such?

It could be kinda difficult to keep it accurate by just updating it based off what we see ourselves. Especially to describe the rarity of each. But I sure will help to make it happen, I love the idea ;)
I posted this in the other pin thread...I tweeted BGW asking if a list was available for people to track "haves" and "wants". Their response was "Great idea! We'll definitely pass it along!"

As I'm putting together the page on etiquette, I'd like to ask you guys what you believe to be unspoken pin trading etiquette. I currently have
  • Don't touch another trader's pins when viewing them.

• Always say thank you after trading.

• No more than two pins should be traded for any one pin.

Last edited:
Belsaas makes a good point. The value of the trade should be determined by the traders.

Also, are these for online trades or in person trades? I'm not sure in person trades need a lot of framework, but online trades probably need more of a standard to base trades around.

It seems to me that you need to focus on ethical standards.

For example, if two people agree to the terms of a trade, can either side back out? If so, is there a point at which there is effectively a contract in place, and would that prohibit unilateral withdrawal from the agreement?

Also, how will the community police itself? Is there a way to address those who do not deal in good faith and fail to fulfill the terms of their trades?

Finally, will these be only pin for pin trades? Can cash or other goods and services be exchanged? If so, has anyone looked into potential legal implications for the site and the traders, themselves?

Last edited:
Is this a normal part of other Pin Trading? Seems like you should be able to trade as much as you perceive the value to be.
As I was the one who brought it up, I'll explain.

It's not.

Disney pin trading allows you to trade whatever you want with other guests (CMs are a one for one trade)

However, in my experience when trading with other pin traders it became more of a "buy me three pins limited edition pins from the store that are well over the price that this is common trading pin from a year and a half ago is worth".

It's to avoid scalping.

Yes, there are pins that will be worth more than others to those who want them. But at the same time, is any limited edition pin worth it for a pin that used to be common but is now out of rotation? No.

(And yes, I legit had somebody tell me, who still the time was a minor, to go buy a several limited edition pins for one common Tinkerbell pin. That shit is disgusting.)

Ultimately, I don't think this theoretical website should be negotiating trades at all. That should all be done in private communication between the person with the pin who is offering it up and the person interested in obtaining it.

That keeps any third party responsibility out of it entirely and allows people to negotiate freely. Think Cragslist with a set collection of items that can be listed.

While I agree thta PFN should not be involved, I also think that if I were managing this (WHICH I AM NOT), I would set some guidelines for the community.

Reactions: jornor
Here's some from Disney pin people-
  • For safety, trade one pin at a time, from hand to hand with pin backs attached.
  • Refrain from touching anyone’s pins or lanyards, ask for a closer look if needed.
  • Pins should be in good condition and undamaged.
  • Guests can make up to 2 pin trades per cast member per day.
  • Pins must be exchanged for pins and nothing else.
  • If the pin is on backwards (clasp in front) it's not available
  • The Team Member will make a final decision, which it is only good trading etiquette to accept! No arguing, please.
  • The trade should result in the Tast Member getting a pin not already on their lanyard.
  • Service pins are not available for trade.

Reactions: jornor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad