Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Story time!

This ride infamously was closed for "annual maintenance" for years. I often joked to myself that to BGT annual maintenance must mean maintenance that takes years. After this ride was closed, the park never had concrete plans to reopen it. You might also note that King's Dominion is the last remaining park in the US with one of these rides and ponder why they have been disappearing in recent years. Often times, parts availability becomes a big issue when rides become old, in this case, however, it is likely that has very little to do with the demise of the inverting swinging ship. A big issue with these rides is that due to the physics involved, guests can sometimes be subjected to very uncomfortable circumstances. When the ship is inverting, guests can salivate in a particular interval leading to what many would call physical assault on other riders.

...That said I'm being cheeky. Unfortunately, as has been widely circulated among insider circles, the automatic restraints on this ride model are capable of causing serious injuries to riders, including broken bones. A serious incident did happen at one point with BGT's ship, and because there was no perceptible action to remedy the issue, the ride remained closed until the plot was allocated for a future attraction.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad