Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
It seems that Phil Raybourn the former creative director of entertainment or whatever his job was has quietly left BGW sometime in January. According to the website LinkedIn, he has created a new outsource entertainment company called: Raybourn Creative LLC which I can imagine that BGW can possibly hire as an outsource for their shows in the future.

I wonder who could possibly replace him in the role that he previously filled. Any ideas?

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
If I did have to guess about who could possibly replace Phil Raybourn it could be Matthew Edwards who is the Director of Special Events. Matthew has been in the park since 2016 and was an actor in some of the stage shows and events, he played Porthos in All For One in both seasons and was Magnus the Viking in promotional materials during Invadr's opening. Sometime in late 2017 or so he was promoted to Director of Special Events which meant that he supervised the park's main events during the seasons and it was a job he kept all throughout last year. So he might be a potential candidate depending on how well he did or if current VP of Entertainment Pete Dunklee and President Kevin Lembke will chose someone else; I don't know it's probably speculation on my part.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Most of the in-park announcements use Phil's voice, right? His contributions to the park's entertainment aside, I'll miss hearing his distinct voice which I always associate with Busch Gardens.

Last edited:

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
Phil will be missed to me because he is a very talented person who knows what makes a show work and what doesn't and by all accounts, he really was a team player. I wish him the best in his future endeavors with his new entertainment company.

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
I love the fact that the All For One 2017 script is 95% word for word exactly how it is in the show. And yes, he will be missed.

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
I understand Scott Gesparch is available.

NMUGSIy.gif

Reactions: Eric and LudwigII
Mar 16, 2016
I feel....indifferent?

He’s done some great stuff, but also forgettable. So I’m not sad he’s gone but not celebrating it either.

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
Agreed, whatever show that did have his stamp on it had such a well made design aspect to it (the set and costumes to both All For One and OktoberZest are proof of it) that it fits with wherever the show was taking place. Wasn't he also responsible for that small show in San Marco during Illuminights that was supposed to be really good?

EDIT: Giardino Magico is the name. That was a beautiful mini show from the video footage I've seen of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: warfelg
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad